Easiest options for Chemistry HL paper 3?

lynyrd

My exam is approaching and we're starting the environmental chemistry option which I find it kind of easy, but as the times are too short, my teacher will give us the choice to study the option we want, so I was wondering which of the options for HL were the easiest ones?

It's really not a matter of which options are easiest as which to avoid: namely, Analytical Chemistry and Further Organic Chemistry. Stay away from those and you should be fine. I personally did Environmental Chemistry and Medicines and Drugs, and they were a breeze. I studied a little Food Chemistry as well, and that was rather easy too. Any two of those three should give you an easy time.

Medicines and Drugs is a good choice :P I did that one and even if the questions in the exam turned out to be kinda pretty hard (abnormally hard...), it was the only genuinely interesting part of the whole of Chemistry HL so all in all I'd recommend it.

Do NOT do Further Organic Chemistry. It will destroy you >8[ (Maybe not, but it's horrible).

Ah well, about the further organic chemistry thing, as everyone said, it's a bit confusing. But, if, and only if, you liked organic chemistry in the core, you should like this :P . The concepts are not hard, but you need to practice a lot. Plus there are certain things you need to actually memorise, like reaction conditions. Mechanisms will possibly annoy you, too!

Environmental chemistry is easy and interesting, especially the ozone depletion part XD . Questions in the exam are easy compared to other options.

Edited by x___x

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

What are your thoughts on option C: chemistry in industry and technology? We did human biochemistry but I sincerely found it extremely boring to learn. While I was going through option C though, I found it quite interesting (for instance there is a part on nanotechnology) and more into chemistry compared to human bio. Is it harder though?

We're doing biochemistry and drugs/medicine. I'm already taking HL Biology to biochemistry was a breeze...and drugs and medicine is really easy and honestly it wasn't all that "chemistry" intensive (no math, not much in the whole compound side of things aside from antacids and such). Those were only SL though last during HL1, haven't started topics for HL2 yet this year...

Is analytical very number based? I'd love that :P