IB books you absolutely loved

azulverde:)

Initially I couldnt believe how many people loved The House of the spirits.However,in retrospect,I realised that I also liked the female characters in it.THe problem was the length of the book

I have 2 favourites

A Dolls house - H.Ibsen

The Visit - F.Durrenmatt

Edited by Gee :)

Are school's theme is "drama" so we are reading all plays....

I'm totally in love with King Lear though. Absolutely hated Shakespeare before King Lear though... (I've read Julius Caesar and Othello also)

and for are "World Literature" unit we read "The Great Gatsby" which is one of my favorite books for all time now :D

Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - Only book I have ever lost sleep/bawled my eyes out/thrown a brand new book/killed the margins with notes over. I've read it six times for EE purposes, and I'm still not tired of it.

You liked Death of Chonricle Foretold!? I couldn't stand it....the book wasn't in logical order and I could have summed the whole book up in like 2 sentences. "Everyone knew Santagio was going to die; no one helped him." Hahaha. It did make for a wonderful world lit paper....

• Like 1

Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - Only book I have ever lost sleep/bawled my eyes out/thrown a brand new book/killed the margins with notes over. I've read it six times for EE purposes, and I'm still not tired of it.

You liked Death of Chonricle Foretold!? I couldn't stand it....the book wasn't in logical order and I could have summed the whole book up in like 2 sentences. "Everyone knew Santagio was going to die; no one helped him." Hahaha. It did make for a wonderful world lit paper....

I thought the book was brilliant; wouldn't say I "absolutely loved" it, but certainly the best our class read.

I would have loved to have traded some of our picks for others mentioned here, like Hour of the Star for The Visit, perhaps (saw that performed a few weeks ago, and boy was it surreal.)

Y'know, I actually really liked Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner.

Yes! We had to read it in 9th grade, and I fell in love with the book immediately. The plot is very interesting and very well-written! I'd read it again...if I had the time. :P haha

• 1 month later...

Man, where to start. :(

Handmaid's Tale

The Great Gatsby.

Picture of Dorian Gray was okay once you got past the extreme details.

Fiela's Child was amazing. :)

And, for simplisticwonders (on the first page) who loved The Importance of Being Earnest, I was actually IN that play this year. :)

Edited by misfit

[quote name=Gee <_<' timestamp='1294171395' post='95031]

Initially I couldnt believe how many people loved The House of the spirits.However,in retrospect,I realised that I also liked the female characters in it.THe problem was the length of the book

I have 2 favourites

A Dolls house - H.Ibsen

The Visit - F.Durrenmatt

I just finished Doll House and ADORED it. I didn't read The Visit for IB, but I actually performed in a production of it and fell in love with it then. Also, not that common, but I read July's People by Nadine Gordimer and really really really liked it even though it was super hard :(

Ha! So I'm not the only one who liked Chronicle of a Death Foretold! :( I liked East of Eden..I cried...and a bad book to read when you majorly procrastinated...>___>...(for summer hw)...

I also liked the Iliad and Hamlet...X3 because it's so /obvious/ that Achilles and Patroclus are lovers as are Hamlet and Horatio...(and they had a good story...)