Are my SAT subject test scores good enough?

SailorMelina

Your SAT is a bit above average, as 2200 is usually what the Ivy Leagues expect automatically. 700+ is what the tier-one colleges expect from Subject Tests. Is there a way you could either retake the test with a guaranteed higher score or take a different test that you have the same aptitude for?

• 2 months later...

So, I am applying to Columbia University (NYC), and it's the only school I'm applying to that requires SAT subject tests. My Literature score was 730 and my Spanish score was 640. Should I retake the Spanish test? Will it hurt me a lot? (My normal SAT score was 2260 [reading:780, math:760, writing:720])

your SAT score is quite good. you could always take it again to boost it a little more! that way, your total SAT score will just be the highest score in each section. it's worth a shot.

as for the subjects, i'd say maybe take them both again. 750 is pretty much the baseline for those schools.

my brother goes to an ivy league, so, i'm basing some of this off of him.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Red XII

There's no need to retake your SAT I, but you should retake at least the Spanish test, if not the Literature test as well. You may want to switch to a different subject test. Even though you only need two SAT IIs, it may be useful to take three subject tests and send the best two.