The U.S. 2008 Presidential Election Thread

Things are starting to heat up around here! With Hillary losing her cool after the loss in Iowa. There's a nice little article that talks about it here

So, who's voting?

I won't be old enough, but my parents are voting for Hillary. :D What I dislike about their decision is that they are not informed about her principles and objectives. They are voting for her solely because her husband served two terms and he can guide her, oh, and she's a women. It really pisses me off that they think like that, like that automatically grants her the title of a good president.

my brother's pro obama (he lives in the states) and so is the majority of Iowa as it seems :D I'm not sure where I stand yet, but def not Republican lol. I'm still reading into it, and as it doesn't really make a difference to me since I'm not a US citizen or live there, this is only out of my interest in politics. So may take me some time/reading for me to form an opinion :D

Although I'm European I have an opinion, of course :-). I like Edwards best. I'd definitely vote for a democrat if I could and well, I don't believe America is ready for an ethnic president, which would be Obama. Too many conservative Democrats would vote Republican if Obama were the Democrat candidate. In my opinion he would be the best president though. Hillary I just don't like too much :D .

I'm not a US citizen either but I am strong pro-Obama. I think with the current state of the US, they need someone like him. He has good ideas and good techniques. I think the fact that tries to make people who do not usually vote at all to vote is a big advantage and you cannot deny - his speeches got style B) I love the Iowa victory speech. Very captivating (probably due to all the prestigious repetition). The end of it was just...awesome: The same message we had when we were up and when we were down; the one that can save this country, brick by brick, block by block, (inaudible) that together, ordinary people can do extraordinary things. Because we are not a collection of red states and blue states. We are the United States of America. And in this moment, in this election, we are ready to believe again.

Here's to hope! But then again, as long as it's not Bush or a Republican...........

Edited by Afterglow

I'm not from the US, but reading digg pisses me off because of the ridiculous Ron Paul **** that people promote. I don't want to offend you if you like Ron Paul, but it's ridiculous that all these geeks love him so much. Not that Ron Paul is bad or anything, I wouldn't know. But seriously, does he even have a chance of winning the election?

Guest kostaiki

Hey, im new in here and i find this website very useful. However i am curious about the upcoming elections in the US.

In my country they said Iowa would be an indicator on whos going to win the elections. How accurate is this thesis? I mean

how many presidents came up who won in Iowa before? Does anybody know that ? Would be good to know! I would like to see Barrack Obama winning the race.

Greetings from UK, Canterbury (but German student :D )

Dessi, I'm curious, what do you like about Edwards's campaign?

I'm disappointed by today's results, McCain and Clinton won New Hampshire.

Here you go, kostaiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States...in_Iowa%2C_2004

Edit: and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_caucus look at past winners.

Edited by HMSChocolate

Dooga, don't hang around Digg... Reddit is the real thing.

Ron Paul is very blown up, yes, but then he deserves attention.

I don't trust the U.S. elections either way, as it is. Both the 2000 and 2004 elections seem to both have been tampered with in some way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3hUPP_bdOo - a programmer employed by one of the bigger voting machine companies admitting that he was told to incorporate ways to alter results into the voting machine source code.

I hate looking like a conspiracist, so I should stop writing now. :)

Edited by ozZiiiii

i am an american but i can't vote in the primary coz i am not 18 until the end of march, so i am wating until after i really know who won the primary to make my decision.

how do you get an absentee vote? i will be living at my college when the election roles around, so i have to vote that way....

• 2 weeks later...

Clinton is bringing out her Mr. Clinton as a helper to draw votes. Since that, hilary has been taking a lot of votes in not only new hampshire and possibly Florida (next week???)

Apparently, there are a lot of red necks in Florida, and red necks likes country music and dont like people of other ethnicities, which is why Florida went to the republicans for like two decades

• 2 months later...