#1 Consider the extent to which knowledge issues in ethics are similar to those in at least one other area of knowledge.

KifujinMizu

OK, so I decided to do this title.

I know that I have to compare ethics to another area of knowledge (math, science, etc.)

So what I ask for is..how do I analyze this? In my practice essays, I score super low (to the point where I cry) because of things like not "analyzing it" or putting examples and not showing how it supports my claim.

PLEASE HELP. I'm really yucky with ToK essays and I need some pointers on how to score high on this thing! My diploma depends on it!! xP

So list several knowledge issues [KI] for ethics and do the same for other AOK. Look at your lists and try grouping them.

A big question here is 'Similar in what manner?' One main idea that unifies TOK is the question "How do we know what we know?" so there's a good bet that KIs from any AOK can be brought back to this point.

With the feedback your teacher gave, it's easier to help you once you've actually written something, so if you want me to look at a part of your essay once you write it, PM me.

This title seems like one of those I'd never dream of doing. Firstly, what are you HLs/favourite/best subjects? Maths? Science? Economics? Choose that one as your second area of knowledge. Then try to think about what kinds of KIs there are in the different AoK, and try to compare them.

If you don't feel like you can come up with anything good to say, switch title.

:S

This title seems like one of those I'd never dream of doing. Firstly, what are you HLs/favourite/best subjects? Maths? Science? Economics? Choose that one as your second area of knowledge. Then try to think about what kinds of KIs there are in the different AoK, and try to compare them.

:P

I couldn't really pick a title for my prescribed essay, because our teacher wanted us to do this. I picked history as my second knowledge, since I find it similar to ethics. :P

:rofl:

I couldn't really pick a title for my prescribed essay, because our teacher wanted us to do this. I picked history as my second knowledge, since I find it similar to ethics. :P

How mean of your teacher. I guess you'd better stick to this one then.

History is a good AreaOfKnowledge, by the way. Just make sure that you know something ab out it. Don't do like I did, write about a subject you aren't taking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, is anybody doing this TOK title. I think I might be the only one doing this title on the entire planet. Do you think that the structure proposed by the title is adequate for a good TOK essay. Do you think 'consider the extent' allows good analysis and discussion.

I'm doing mine on Ethics, History and Science.

Edited by Bishup

well, i think you are the only one doing this topic, good luck with it:

check this site out

http://www.narcissistic-abuse.com/ethics.pdf

issues of ethics in science are A LOT! so this can be very useful for you.

mmmm..for ethics in history:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/381751/the_development_of_ethics_in_history.html?cat=9

Good Luck :P

well, i think you are the only one doing this topic, good luck with it:

check this site out

http://www.narcissis....com/ethics.pdf

issues of ethics in science are A LOT! so this can be very useful for you.

mmmm..for ethics in history:

http://www.associate...tory.html?cat=9

Good Luck :D

Hi it isn't necessarily ethics in science and it is a comparison of sciences with ethics or science with scientific for example. So you have not understood the full scope of the question

i don't see why people aren't doing it. It seems to be a good title as its asking you to examine and evaluate the similarities and differences in the knowledge issues in ethics and another AOK. This is a focused question. And by the way ethics plays a major role in every aspect of our life's therefore there is a definite link between ethics and every other AOK if you ask me.

When you look at the extent of something you look at both ends of the situation. So yes it will allow could analysis because by looking at the extent you will be provided claims and counterclaims to look at both ends of the situation.

Does this answer your question bishup?

By the way guys there seem to be two threads regarding this topic TItle.