EE English 1 Topic

Matchbox20

The books I'm using for my EE are One Hundred Years of Solitude and Into the Beautiful North. However, I don't know what aspect I should focus on. Originally I wanted to focus on the magical realism in One hundred Years but I don't know how to compare that to Into the Beautiful North.

Another aspect I wanted to focus on was feminism but I feel like there isn't enough to discuss.

I was also considering using a poem that has magical realism.

Any suggestions? Would it be easier to compare one of these books whith a poem?

There's no point in choosing two books if you don't have a topic in mind. After all it's the topic between the two you have to write about at the end of the day! If I were you I'd either find another book with magical realism in it, if that's what you feel enthusiastic about.

When you consider that you have to compare and contrast, I would avoid using a poem. Too many intrinsic differences, not enough intrinsic similarities.

Really, the way to work these things out is to imagine how you'll tackle it in your essay. Would you feel comfortable comparing a book with a poem? If yes, then try it. If no, then don't. Equally with the topics. Remember it's your EE, you'll be its author and fortunately you're also the person with the best knowledge of your own abilities, skills and interests. Use this insight into yourself to make good choices! We can't tell you what you can and can't do unless it's extremely obviously crazy or simple.