Format for Title Page (Philosophy EE)

Deluxe489

I am confused about how to set up the title page for my EE. I did my paper in the APA format, with the cover page having the running header, the subject, subject area, my name, candidate number, my school's name, my exam session (May 2011), and the word count, all centred (except running header). However, I'm just guessing that this is the right way to do it; my coordinator told me to set it up differently, but the way he told me to do it was in MLA format (and I don't think IB graders would be impressed at seeing an APA paper with an MLA cover page).

Could anyone please clarify this for me? Thank you in advance.

Each individual school may have a different title page. My school even made up their own way of doing it lol. Honestly, I would try to explain to your IB coordinator that you used APA format, and you can't use MLA format for your title page. You don't want to possibly get marked down a point or two lol. If she/he disagrees with you, then just use the MLA title page. He/She is the coordinator after all. ;)

Edited by JoeGuff

If it consoles you, I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as correct formatting of the title page. Just make sure it has your EE title, subject, your name, candidate number, word count and school and BOOM, title page done.

APA, MLA and all these crazy systems are really about making sure your references are done properly as those are all about academic correctness and honesty etc. Your title page isn't really an issue. Hell, I think one of my friends had pictures of spaceships dotted around on the front of their EE! They're not going to mark you up or down for it unless you're missing any details.

If this has failed to console you... well, check out 50 Excellent Extended Essays (Google it), go to the Philosophy ones and make sure yours bears a reasonable resemblance to those.