New MacBook Air!

Dooga

I don't like it at all, no optical drive, no ethernet port, and only 1 USB drive. And the keyboard's black, and after the Macbook that I have now, I don't think I'm going to like the black keyboards anyway :rolleyes: . Besides, a black keyboard on a silver computer?

I like the thinness of it, but in a way it makes the computer look unreal.

Its shape is pretty ugly. But other than that I think it looks good enough for me. It is better than my laptop so I be happy to get one. The name is pretty **** though, it reminds me of Nike Air, next we will get the Macbook Air Max. lol.

Edited by Bandev

Hey I thought of making a topic about it too :rolleyes: ! I don't like it either... It looks good but costs 1900$ in the US, meaning it'll be 2000€ in Europe. And it only has a 1.6GHz CPU and the 1.8GHz one costs a lot extra. Plus the faults mentioned by Aboo. It'll flop, I'm sure of it. The price is just too high, I can even use Economics to prove it! :D (not!)

I don't like it at all, no optical drive, no ethernet port, and only 1 USB drive. And the keyboard's black, and after the Macbook that I have now, I don't think I'm going to like the black keyboards anyway :P . Besides, a black keyboard on a silver computer?

I like the thinness of it, but in a way it makes the computer look unreal.

I agree. and I think the reason why they didn't include an optical drive (other than space matters) is because they want you to buy the cds and dvds from itunes. Not worth it at all.

I agree. and I think the reason why they didn't include an optical drive (other than space matters) is because they want you to buy the cds and dvds from itunes. Not worth it at all.

Yeah, agree with you on that.

And the fact that they want us to buy their US$100 CD drive that connects to the lone USB port on the macbook.

Theres one flaw right of the bat. One USB is garbage. When im working gor an extended period of time on my laptop i set it up on a desk, plug in a mouse(1 usb port), and lug in my printer so it will print faster ( another usb), and plug in my ipod( thrid port). With the Macbook theres only one so.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Apple products are generally for hipsters not power users. As soon as apple **** became popular the quality of their goods declined considerably. Those with iPods will know what I'm talking about. Somebody I knew hooked up his iPod touch to a set of speakers and the thing overheated and burnt out his iPod. Likewise, the macbook air is an impractical machine and a bad choice for students at uni or ib. Honestly macs are only good for multimedia production like digital photo editing, video editing etc. So yes it may be considered 'cool' by some but it's a waste of money and likely to break in one way or another within a year of purchase.

The new mobile machines for students are clearly tablets, even though I don't own one yet. But consider the idea of eliminating paper and having all of your notes organized completely - no more looking for that hand out or those notes for next class. So don't be a fool and buy the Veblen good (Econ HLs will know what I mean) which will give you no bang for your buck; especially not in practicality.

Edited by blindpet

You don't need no da*n optical drive!

Why are all complaining about it? How often do you really use yours? You can buy one at http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...p;nplm=MB397G/A for 100 USD, free shipping. It's even a DVD burner!

Do you know how much smaller your laptop could be without the optical drive?

And it will give you bang for your buck. It is a luxury good, but it also brings with it a simpler GUI and a lots of more beginner-friendly learning curve.

I think that it is a waste of money. I have a macbook that i just bought in september and i love it soooooo much. the only thing that i want is an external hard drive that i can get because i bought mine right before the 120 GB models came out. I was so pissed. but i am over it. but back to the Air... I think the lack of an optical drive makes me think that it is a waste of money. I agree that it would be easily broken.

• 2 months later...