Maths topics that you just don't like

Abu

Guest AirRon23

vectors owned me on my IB 2 methods test. I was so confident on every problem until i got to that vectors one, it totally killed me.

I really love integration, esp by substitution and stuff, its like a cool puzzle and you have to try and figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I find Integration by substitution absolutely annoying and irritating. It's either that or my feeble attempt to jog my rusty brain in the middle of the holidays to practice some maths. That didn't go so well. How are you guys finding Maths? I found it great and easy in the first half of the first year, but towards the end of the first year, it's getting harder. :D:D

Dude, I'm sorry but I just have to comment. Integration is my favorite topic, and substitution isn't nearly as annoying as prats or partial fractions (if you take the option). You also need it for all types of problems. Anyways, if you're having problems, I'm doing a website for my IT project on integration. You'll find it on the mashrek website by january. Good luck. AirROn23 is right by the way, it is like a puzzle, makes my day when the teacher puts down a challenging integration problem on a test, especially if it involves trig. substituiton.

Edited by basilmasri21

• 4 weeks later...

Can I just say once again how much I absolutely hate vectors, most particulary applied vectors (lines in space, 3D and etc)? Arghhhhhhh

Because I really do. Yesterday we had math test and there was a 20 point question alllll about vectors in each paper which meant automatically for me "Bye bye, 40 points..."

I need to get a grasp of this topic before the exams. I need to....

Edited by Afterglow

Can I just say once again how much I absolutely hate vectors, most particulary applied vectors (lines in space, 3D and etc)? Arghhhhhhh

Because I really do. Yesterday we had math test and there was a 20 point question alllll about vectors in each paper which meant automatically for me "Bye bye, 40 points..."

I need to get a grasp of this topic before the exams. I need to....

I thought I was the only one haha. I'll probably do a crash course on the topic sometime before the exam

i found vectors moderate in difficulty when it comes to understanding the material, but solving the questions could be tricky and very time consuming... speaking of which i have serious issue regarding managing my time on tests and end up leaving out a question or two even though i know the answer >.<