All-nighters & procrastination!

Afterglow

You guys missed the best part.

So after 48 hours I decided to go to bed. Just as I got in bed, of all things, the fire alarm goes off, and outside I go. Was outside freezing in boxers for a good 20 minutes, and then sleeping was damn hard.. Ended up being awake for 53 hours.

Then slept for 13.

i think i would have past out at that point. and then died from the cold. i have only pulled a couple of all nighters...for school (the other were for a charity event that would have given me 23 CAS hours if i had of been in IB and not MYP)..... and my parents shall never know! my work sucks after about 10pm so i try to finish it before then, but that doesn't always happpen.

Never done an all-nighter, don't need to either. With 90 more days to go, don't think there's time left for me to experience this 'IB-necessity'.

I don't think I can do an essay one after the other any way. I strongly believe in one essay a day, and in that, 20 words>break>20 words>break>20 words>break

• 2 weeks later...

haha I think the latest I've stayed up was 6:30am, and then woke up at 8am to go to school. I think i have narcolepsy or something, cause after 12am no matter how tired I was before...I find myself wide awake again...

However, I have taken to sleeping slightly earlier (ie. prior to 1am) and then waking up at 5am to do homework. I find myself concentrating better cause there's less people to distract me.

i think that's the opposite to narcolepsy then :)

all all-nighters i remember were spent uselessly or i got terrible grades because of nonsenses in my essays.. so no i stop studying at 10pm, no matter how much homework i have.. i seem to be studying harder in day-time..

this way my only all-nighter happens on friday and that one is a pleasurable one :P

Same for me actually, until two nights ago when my maths IA was due and all weekend i spent sitting on here. It started out as me looking for help on how to do it, but i ended up at the jokes section :P

I procrastinate TO THE MAX all the time though... and half the time i dont even end up doing what I put off

• 4 weeks later...

I don't do allnighters...

I'm worse than that.

I'd rather consider myself have "slept the night" than stay awake to do something.

Therefore, I may go to sleep at 11:30 to 12:00, set my alarm to 3:00 AM, and pray to God that I don't sleep through it so that I can finish my Portfolios or study for an exam.

• 2 weeks later...
Man, iv pulled some all nighters before, the longest i stayed up till was probably 4:30 finishing a psychology IA hahah. For procrastination, im doin it right now :D but its all good.

Haha, I can sympathize about the Psychology IA. I went to a Youth in Government retreat for Thursday-Sunday night of the weekend before it was due, and didn't sleep while I was there (major YIG Judicial work). Then I got home at like 11 pm and STARTED the rough draft of my Psych IA which was due the next morning. I did manage to finish by 2:00 am though.

But you don't know how thankful I was that that was only the rough draft. :P

Oh, and like you, I'm also procrastinating right now. But it's all good because I only have 15 minutes left of internet time. Then the real work begins. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

The latest I've stayed up till is 4 am... doing art - you can't imagine how dead i was the next day

I really havent pulled an allnighter since that...

except for world lit

... have you ever noticed that the allnighters are always for teh most important stuff (obviously - why would we stay up otherwise) but we always manage to screw ourselves by pulling those allnighters and not ending up with the best ia/essay we could...

• 1 month later...

Procrastinators unite - tomorrow!

I can't think of a single person in my IB classes that actually are free from the clutches of procrastination :)

I don't know about others, but when something like an essay is due the next day, I sort of linger around the computer but don't actually start until around 9 o'clock. It's like from then on I go on into a trance of some sort. Don't know how to explain it really, but i get more work done @ the last second XD

• 2 weeks later...
I don't do allnighters...

I'm worse than that.

I'd rather consider myself have "slept the night" than stay awake to do something.

Therefore, I may go to sleep at 11:30 to 12:00, set my alarm to 3:00 AM, and pray to God that I don't sleep through it so that I can finish my Portfolios or study for an exam.

Oh God....I could *never* do that because I know that I can't trust myself. The night before, I may *know* I need to wake up at 3am to finish something, but that next morning.....haha. HA.

Writing words is easy. Research takes time.

All my essays have reference pages longer than the essays themselves.

Basically every sentence has to be referenced.

But how do you crank out any original thought, then??

If I used too many references (meaning, pages and pages), then I'd go crazy.