Relationships Topic

jjliu

Hey guys, i'm planning to discuss something like "what do girls(or guys) look for in a guy(or a girl)" , i found this question on one of the websites and I trust that this might be quite interesting and easy to understand since relationships is one of the things that people at our age pay great attention to. So i was thinking.... this topic is pertained with [Feelings, emotions and intuition] and the [Paradigms and Culture] chapters.

This question does not look very TOK-ish, can any of you give me a better worded version? or a better question? please?

Thank you so much!!!

I am not so experienced in TOK but I thought of two ideas that could be developed into KI's:

How do sense perception and emotion justify love?

and

How to define beauty?

The second one is not so TOK-ish though. The first one, you may change the WOK if there are better WOKs that can justify love. Maybe it could inspire you and you can rephrase it to form a good KI :blink:

FYI Math can be used to determine beauty too. I read an article about the distance of parts of body (i.e. eyes and nose, nose and mouth, etc) and the ratio... idk though I can't remember anymore. If you want you can use Math as an AOK.

I am not so experienced in TOK but I thought of two ideas that could be developed into KI's:

How do sense perception and emotion justify love?

and

How to define beauty?

The second one is not so TOK-ish though. The first one, you may change the WOK if there are better WOKs that can justify love. Maybe it could inspire you and you can rephrase it to form a good KI :blink:

FYI Math can be used to determine beauty too. I read an article about the distance of parts of body (i.e. eyes and nose, nose and mouth, etc) and the ratio... idk though I can't remember anymore. If you want you can use Math as an AOK.

I thought that that first KI is really good. My old ToK teacher (left on maternity leave just recently) told our class that "How do you define beauty" is a cliche example, though.