What is covered in the examinations for math?

Nervousasian

Im taking a pre-IB entrance examination in February (about a month away) and i am freaking out about the math section. Is there anything on the test that we have not yet covered in school? Would it be possible for someone to give me an in general list of everything covered on the examination? (I am not asking for answers or anything.) I am applying for Port Moody secondary and could somebody give me a list of everything that i need to review? ie: Fractions, Rounding, Division and Multiplication of Decimals, Algebra or anything else. Thank you! (if this post seems kind of weird, its my first one) :) I would really appreciate help.

Are you taking the SSAT? I took the SSAT to get into pre-IB grade 9. I actually found the math section to be the easiest section on the whole test (and math is my worst subject :austin: ). You could look for some practice SSAT math questions online or you could buy an SSAT practice book and work through the math questions. The section with the vocabulary words (I forgot what it's called) is the hardest section in my opinion and it was the hardest for quite a few people so maybe practice that too (unless you have a huge vocabulary xP).

Honestly, I think you should relax though. Once you work through some practice questions you'll find it really isn't that bad :panic: Good luck and hope you get in! :lc:

Edited by Summer Glau

• 2 weeks later...

If you can't get into pre-ib without studying, IB really isnt for you.

Your ability to do well in IB isn't necessarily based off your score on some multiple choice questions. There are people at my school who were rejected from pre-IB at first but got accepted later and they're doing fine. Just saying :)