Plagiarism On IOP?

irrelephant

One of my friends was googling for some information for our World Lit paper and she found a website that very closely relates to an IOP that another student in our class did. She got near perfect, which is kind of irritating to hear because everyone else put so much work into it and she just copied it off of a website? However, we don't exactly have any proof because she didn't write anything down. Should my friend report it to the teacher, just in case it was plagiarism?

Well from what I understand, she memorized the ideas from this website and used them for her IOP. I don't think that's not allowed seeing that you are allowed to get ideas off the internet, unless she copied everything word by word and had the paper in front of her and just read it..then that would be unfair. That being said, IBO noticing plagiarism in Oral presentation? I doubt it really.

When giving a presentation, if you are confident, you will have no need to say all of your ideas word-to-word. Therefore, I'm assuming your friend reworded things as sh went along with her presentation, which would be considered paraphrasing, and as said before- you are allowed to get ideas off the internet, books, etc. My honest opinion to avoid this at any time (a little late, since your friend has already given her presentation) is to have a reference page at the end of your presentation. You don't have to use any formal citation, just copy and paste the websites and title the page: "sources I used for ideas". I did that on my IOP and my teacher was completely fine with me having outside sources. It also ensured that I could not be accused of plagiarism in any way :P

One of my friends was googling for some information for our World Lit paper and she found a website that very closely relates to an IOP that another student in our class did. She got near perfect, which is kind of irritating to hear because everyone else put so much work into it and she just copied it off of a website? However, we don't exactly have any proof because she didn't write anything down. Should my friend report it to the teacher, just in case it was plagiarism?

Some friend you are. Karma is a b****. Gets you every time. It's not good to wish bad on anybody. God sees everything!