help on my math ee

heyall

i was thinking of doing a math ee

i can't decide on a topic

i thought of doing

a branch of math that has been studied for years, which can also be applied to real life nowadays

i hav a general idea but can't specify it

for example, if i do pi then how would i solve it??

If you want to do pi, you can talk about its history. What about the estimation of its value? Then the application in real life, etc...

There are a lot of things you can do with pi. You just need to narrow it down. But be careful because many people have done EE's about pi so if your topic and content is similar they might be suspicious..

If you want to look into other aspects of Math, I suggest looking at Math problems. Or if you hate research, look at simple things in daily life. Even your shoes maybe. For instance, in shoe manufacture, how long should they make the shoelaces? It depends on the number of holes and how you tie it, right? I wanted to do my EE on this because my teacher showed me an essay about this but then I have read that essay so I can't do my EE on it :lc: I might be plagiarising..and anyway I have no idea on how to solve it using a method other than the method used in that essay haha. But anyways, you haven't read such essay so I guess you can do your EE on that if you want to :(

Problems come from even the simplest thing!

I myself am having troubles in finding a topic for my Math EE :( I currently have a quite good one but not sure if my teacher will like it.. I hope she will :) so good luck! If you are stuck I suggest doing your EE in another subject area :) I can't change mine, the school doesn't allow me lol. The hardest thing in doing a Math EE is finding a decent topic :) so good luck! :)