Economics EE, need comments on topic?

TomnTom

Hey guys, I've just found out about this forum and this is awesome ;) .

I need you guys comments on my topic for my EE: "How to reduce tax and save money for retirements in U.S?". I have thought about it and it will basically be an analyzation about taxation on retirement in US and a guide to save the most for retirement.

What do you guys think!! ?

Tks a lot

A bit wishy washy currently but has potential. When you say 'how to reduce tax' do you mean running a expansionary fiscal policy? First of all rephrase your question to income tax (if this is what you mean). Then you got to look at if this is possible given factors such as whether the Government has a budget deficit/surplus (thus can the Government afford to cut taxes), what will be the opportunity costs of less income tax revenue (i.e. health care, education, unemployment benefits) etc and thus this might lead to negative externalities (and a decrease in positive externalities) as the Government may be unable to perhaps offer subsidies. Lots of things to look at I suppose. Hope this helps.