IB courses you wish you could have taken, but couldn't

JoeG

I always wish I could have taken Social and Cultural Anthropology, and maybe Spanish AB.

The reason I wanted to take Spanish AB is because I'm horrible at Spanish lol.

Or even better, I wish I could have taken Latin ab. It's always a language I've wanted to learn.

• Like 1

I wish I would have had the option to take IB Art. I could have really used the outlet lol. I was thinking about IB Film Studies just yesterday! That's another class I would have liked to have taken. I also wanted to take Psychology but all of the spots were filled. Then a lot of people dropped out of IB so spots were open, but I couldn't change because a year had gone by. =( That's my biggest regret. XD

I'm the biggest advocate of getting more courses for my school's IB program.

I would take English A1 SL if I had the choice, just because I hate World Lits. XD

Instead of Spanish B, I would say my school should rid of it and implement Spanish ab inito all the way. The only kids doing well in the class (and are prepared for the orals) are those who have had Spanish more than the a year, especially the native Spanish speakers. Or I would take French ab inito or B, just because I have more experience with French.

As for third group, anything but History. I'd love to take Psychology. I hear it's a lot of work, but I love it and am considering majoring in it.

I kinda regret not taking Math HL, or at least experiencing it. I know it's psycho, everybody tells me such, but I would have liked to take Math HL, just with a different professor. The teacher at my school is horrible, so I stuck with Math SL.

I'm taking Biology and it's a fit for me, as I'm fairly good at it. However, I enjoyed the mathematical aspect of Chemistry. My Chemistry teacher last year didn't recommend me and I didn't really like him, so I would have probably failed Chem HL.

Instead of Visual Arts (which I love), I'd only make exceptions to take something else with Physics SL, because I want to take physics at least once in my academic life; and Social Anthropology, because it's easy and seems interesting.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish my school offered computer science HL, although it's not too big of a deal since I plan on taking (non-IB) programming 12 as an elective next year. That is, if there are enough people signed up for it, since it was cancelled this year due to a lack of students interested :(

I wish I could have taken Psychology, Film, and Art. PSychology is my future profession, and film and art are creative yet relaxing courses, that make you think. but, actually, each of the IB courses makes (or I would say forces) one think.