• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You cannot do your EE on a class you are not in..?

you can!! generally its not recommended because you haven't learnt the ib course and because of that you haven't properly learnt to think like an ib history student but it's possible!

Yeah, you can! Although I had some difficulty with the requirements, so did a friend who was taking history IB and doing her EE on history. So tbh, makes no difference

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, ab1234 said:

Hey guys, for P1, question 3:

Can we do OPVL in bullet point, outline format? 

Or does it have to be in paragraph, short essay form??

Thanks 

For all of my IB history career, I have been told bullet points will get you no points. I would strongly encourage you to write your OPVL in paragraph form.

• Like 1

Such a useful document!

Some more OPVL tips, especially for the limitations part:

Our teacher has told us over and over not to simply write that "bias" is a limitation, but rather discuss where that bias comes from and how it affects the information/analysis presented in the source.

Another point our teacher has stressed is that something not in a source cannot be considered as a limitation of that source because there will always be infinite perspectives/information that could be added, so rather we should focus on how the author has formed their perspective/ what their motives are.

• 2 months later...

hi guys sorry to revive thread but im a y3 student (15 yo) and my teacher is asking us to write an EE for coursework. i have no idea what opcvl is so apart from the very useful pictures above, could somebody please send me a sample opcvl from your notes or something? thank you so much, no plagiarism i promise