Detailed Guide

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I disagree with the memorising bit - where in the assessment criteria does it mention anything about memorising? You can pull it off by using filler words appropriate to your language b (ie. an english equivalent would be "umm", "like I was saying", "wait one moment") and making sure to not talk to fast! Part one of the individual oral is in my opinion the easiest part to impress the examiners and is the perfect opportunity to use idioms, tenses, etc and to add to the overall fluency of the oral.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This year the Individual Oral is based on photos the info above about a prepared speech is the old curriculum. Your teacher will give you 2 photos one from a different option. Each photo will have a caption or title. You have 15 minutes prep time to choose which photo you want to talk about. In the 15 minutes you can prepare 10 dot points to help you describe the picture. You need to describe the picture for about 3 minutes. Then your teacher will ask you more questions for about another 5-6 minutes on that picture. They may also ask you info about the other pic too so be prepared to say why you didn't choose it.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...