Geography EE

pagerx

hello. i have problem because teacher in my school is not sure if my topic is correct or not:

my topic: Migration of people from and to a city on an example of Bydgoszcz (Poland) - the effect of push and pull factors on this area.

is there something wrong with it? maybe it's too broad or something? well, i would be very grateful if someone could help me. ajj, it would be also great if i could see an example of geo EE but it's rather hard to find something like that in the web.

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I can't answer your first question since I don't have Geography. However, you can find a Geography EE on IB Survival. Having read the FAQ, you probably know that you can't download it before you have VIP status. So I recommend you to contribute to the site and post actively, so you'll be able to get the file for yourself!

One thing I can tell you about Geog EE is that they prefer (read: want) primary data from you. So is there anyway you can go out and gather your own data on this topic? Doing a purely research essay based on secondary sources isn't a great idea. I'm not saying you can't use secondary material, but you would score a lot better if you had some primary data of your own.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest newman500

hey sorry if im stealing your thread here but i thought itde be a good place to post and ask some questions, my topic is The affect of drought on the Darling Downs and the affect drought has had on agriculture and its economic and social consequences.(australia) its pretty rough but i can always tighten it up later but yer if anyone has anything to say on that feel free haha and also you were mentioning primary data, would interviews with city officials and personal observations and photographs count as primary data also?

cheers everyone

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

hello. i have problem because teacher in my school is not sure if my topic is correct or not:

my topic: Migration of people from and to a city on an example of Bydgoszcz (Poland) - the effect of push and pull factors on this area.

is there something wrong with it? maybe it's too broad or something? well, i would be very grateful if someone could help me. ajj, it would be also great if i could see an example of geo EE but it's rather hard to find something like that in the web.

Hello

You need to make sure you have the following elements:

• a spatial emphasis

• geographical theory and methodology

• geographical sources

• geographical concepts, theories and ideas

The best way to frame this is by having either a question or hypothesis which can be tested. Your title seems a little strangely constructed and also quite large in its scope. Try something on the lines of....What are the push and pull factors of Bydgoszcz? You can then look at Lee's model or Ravenstien's model or the Gravity model of population movement. You can then go out and collect primary data? You can also use secondary data such as population pyramids.

Don't try to do too much as you only have 4000 words and you cannot go over the word limit.

hey sorry if im stealing your thread here but i thought itde be a good place to post and ask some questions, my topic is The affect of drought on the Darling Downs and the affect drought has had on agriculture and its economic and social consequences.(australia) its pretty rough but i can always tighten it up later but yer if anyone has anything to say on that feel free haha and also you were mentioning primary data, would interviews with city officials and personal observations and photographs count as primary data also?

cheers everyone

Your scope is still quite large so I think if you do "tighten it up" you'd be able to get the 4000 words. You've got the spacial element but have you thought about how you'll include geographical theory? Try looking into the geographical journals online or in the library. I would also try A level books rather than just IB books too. Primary data includes interviews and photos, although you may have to put some of them into the abstract. You can give personal observations but it's good if you can do it in a scientific way such as an environmental impact assessment. Remember to integrate the data into your essay though. And remember a map!

Edited by Desy ♫