A detailed guide by criteria

Drake Glau

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't see what you are testing...are you testing a person's age against the numbers they choose, or their gender, or what? You need two variables you think affect each other and test those. This isn't a "To what extent" type of question, that's for history and tok and stuff :P

• 1 month later...

I only have 115 numbers for my project, will this be too few? I am testing memory vs gaming time (lol I swear i didn't read this before deciding the title), and i just went around and asked people.

How can i show this in my project? Like I really did get data and not just made the data up. taking photos will be impossible as I can't find the guys anymore since it's summer and I don't remember who i asked

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i am thinking of 'temperature difference between inland and coastal cities' (if that title even makes sense)

so there are no two different variables...its just comparing temperature.

i thought i could use standard deviation and t-test. i guess i need one more formula?

what do you all think?

i am thinking of 'temperature difference between inland and coastal cities' (if that title even makes sense)

i thought i could use standard deviation and t-test. i guess i need one more formula?

what do you all think?

At the same time for all cities? Just like pick a date and use some internet data? :/

what do you all think?

At the same time for all cities? Just like pick a date and use some internet data? :/

yeah, two cities in my country. one coastal and one inland.

i have a record (from internet) of Jan-Dec.

not pick a date, but do it for one year...

im planning to do both for highest temp and lowest temp.

is that okay?

Edited by halima

what do you all think?

yeah, two cities in my country. one coastal and one inland.

i have a record (from internet) of Jan-Dec

im planning to do both for highest temp and lowest temp.

is that okay?

I don't know much about Math studies IA's... but this seems too small of a topic :/ anyone else know more about this?

• 1 month later...

Shy away from the word probability to start.

Sounds like you want to test whether or not one type of crime is more prone to occur in a specific environment, right?

In this case I would try to collect data about how many violent/property crimes occur in some random town/city and then also collect the population of the city. When you have all this you can begin to compare and possibly find a correlation between a cities population and the types of crimes that occur there.

Eventually this would provide evidence behind whether or not large towns are are more prone to whichever crime but would not be able to provide actual numbers to form a probability.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Guardian of Asgard

I'm a May 2012 candidate is it safe to reveal my title?

Any idea how I should frame mine: Investigating the relationship between hand eye co-ordination and the subjects score in physics

Edited by The Guardian of Asgard

Since calculating Pearson's involves calculating standard deviation, does that count as two sophisticated mathematical processes?

No, STDev isn't "sophisticated" in my opinion. But if you do a pearson's you kind of NEED a linear regression line...so there's two :P

I'm a May 2012 candidate is it safe to reveal my title?

Any idea how I should frame mine: Investigating the relationship between hand eye co-ordination and the subjects score in physics

Title is fine, you can even post your variables and the calculations you might be doing. Just don't post the whole thing >.<

You're going to need to quantify "hand eye coordination", the physics scores are easy since they're already numbers and have a set range of 0-100% (or whatever your min/max are)

I think it's okay, it would be really interesting to read if i was an examinator:) The topic's not boring or predictable, so I guess it's good. I'm trying to come up with something creative for my Math Project, but.. huh, I think during those 2 years I used up all my creativity when i had to think of essays' topics/presentations' topics/other stuff :P

• 3 weeks later...