ToK Presentation OFFICIAL Guide

Keel

• 3 weeks later...

How's this for a presentation:

"Should reason or emotion be used to determine a patient's eligibility for organ transplants?"

I was thinking that you could examine the "reason" arguement as basing it strictly on a patient's immediate need for a organ, and the "emotion" argument as taking into consideration a patient's medical history/background i.e Are they a parent, Have the had a history of alcohol/drug abuse etc.

Any feedback would be a huge favor. Thanks!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I am doing my presentation on the Moon landing conspiracy theory

I want to basically evaluate for and against the theory using the four ways of knowing (as much as I can)

I need help on formulating my knowledge issue!!!!

(and any other tips would be much appreciated!)

Hey all, I am doing my presentation on the Moon landing conspiracy theory

I want to basically evaluate for and against the theory using the four ways of knowing (as much as I can)

I need help on formulating my knowledge issue!!!!

(and any other tips would be much appreciated!)

I have my TOK Presentation soon and i was wondering if my topic was any good. I am talking about Hitler and how do we know that he was evil. Not in the sense that what he did was right but more about how he as a person was not evil and insane. I was also wondering how many ways of knowing are needed for the TOK Presentation. Any replies would be extremely useful. Thanks.

I think you need 3, but not sure

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Are we limited to one knowledge issue, or can we have more?

You're not limited to just one, but you should have a main knowledge issue that you investigate throughout your presentation and should be the main focus. It's ok to have one or two smaller ones that you discuss briefly though in relation to them main knowledge issue, if that's what you were asking.

• 2 years later...

This is an amazing guide, I'd be so lost without it. Thanks!

Now I need to know, though, should I not use "I"? I read it somewhere in this forum but it seems kind of counterproductive as one part of my presentation is on personal experience.

Also, our school/teacher really recommend doing the presentation in groups. Is that a good idea?

This is an amazing guide, I'd be so lost without it. Thanks!

Now I need to know, though, should I not use "I"? I read it somewhere in this forum but it seems kind of counterproductive as one part of my presentation is on personal experience.

Also, our school/teacher really recommend doing the presentation in groups. Is that a good idea?

You can definitely use "I", I know I did. Doing it in group is usually good for two reasons: one, it's more fun to do the presentation with a friend. Two, it gives you more time - which can be very useful. That doesn't mean you can't do a good presentation by yourself, though. So you decide!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys,

My tok final presentation is this week and I'm currently working with the title 'should ethics limit the production of knowledge in the natural sciences?'. I think its very interesting and there are several really good real life examples I can use (nuclear weapons is an obvious one). I've seriously been warned however that any presentation on ethics is extremely hard to do and scores badly.... I don't do philosophy so I'm not exactly sure how they overlap. If anyone with experience can help me out here... like many others I just want a good grade to get the best chance in getting an A. If this is simply a bad topic... any easy quick to do suggestions?

Thanks in advance:)

Hi guys,

My tok final presentation is this week and I'm currently working with the title 'should ethics limit the production of knowledge in the natural sciences?'. I think its very interesting and there are several really good real life examples I can use (nuclear weapons is an obvious one). I've seriously been warned however that any presentation on ethics is extremely hard to do and scores badly.... I don't do philosophy so I'm not exactly sure how they overlap. If anyone with experience can help me out here... like many others I just want a good grade to get the best chance in getting an A. If this is simply a bad topic... any easy quick to do suggestions?

Thanks in advance:)

Hi , I recently did my TOK presentation on something similar,(ethics on development of AI).I think it went well even though I don't know my score yet. The thing with ethics is that it's subjective which you would neeed to take into account. If you are using other areas of knowledge, its easier to make justifications with them before relating them back to ethics. Hope that made sense, if it doesn't I'll be happy to clarify.

• 2 years later...
On 3/24/2011 at 10:08 AM, Keel said:

Claims and Counter-claims
These are statements which are answers to your knowledge issue or sub-knowledge issues. They are then proceeded with evidence that supports such a point. In a way you can treat this as a paragraph in an essay, its structure is similar to the Point Evidence Explaination (PEE) or Statement Evidence eXplaination (SEX) which you may be familiar with.

Is it just me, or do I see a joke here? 2 jokes, to be more accurate