33/40, is this good? Will it be graded down?

mathlete94

Actually it is considered to be good, but not an excellent grade. If you want to get 7, you need to get some high marks in the examinations. I don't think it will be graded down, unless your teacher was not strict in the grading, and the IB moderator think that it need to be lowered.

According to last year's boundaries, 29-33 out of 40 was a 6 and 34+ was a 7 for the SL math IA. I think your mark is pretty good. You may get graded up or down by the IB moderators, like bomaha said, based on how your teacher marked them. If they completely agree with how your teacher marked, then your mark won't change. If they think your teacher was too lenient, they will mark you down and if they were too harsh, they will mark you up. They can also mark you down if they suspect your teacher helped you too much with your IA.

• 1 month later...

According to last year's boundaries, 29-33 out of 40 was a 6 and 34+ was a 7 for the SL math IA. I think your mark is pretty good. You may get graded up or down by the IB moderators, like bomaha said, based on how your teacher marked them. If they completely agree with how your teacher marked, then your mark won't change. If they think your teacher was too lenient, they will mark you down and if they were too harsh, they will mark you up. They can also mark you down if they suspect your teacher helped you too much with your IA.

Do you know the range of scores you need to get a 7 for the exam itself? I know Paper 1 and 2 are worth 80%. I think I might have lost a total of 30 points in both tests together, so I would have gotten approximately 75/90 and 75/90. Would that be a 6 ot a 7?