The Model UN Thread

davshere

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Heyy

We at Shaikha Hessa Girls' School planning the First Annual Bahrain International Model United Nations conference as part of the CAS projects.

We would like to invite all IB students from all around the world to make this event a success.

Your presence will highlight this event.

Get back to me if you need any information to register or help out in any way possible.

im glad i already an organizer there ;) lol how has it been going with me gone?? =P getting any work done? =P

heeeey

its goin fine!! we wrote the letter for the parents and we are getting replies from different people wh are willing to help!!

actually karim our chair in BAHMUN offered to help -- he went to the HAGUE!!

i think everything is going smoothly and hopefully when you come back we will discuss the small issues!!

i dont know if u know but we decided t go with shawarma express instead of a buffet for global day!

I didn't participate in a MUN for a long time... my last one in Paris (international one) was **** but my first 2 in Warsaw and Wroclaw were amazing!

Force people to register in GROUPS, i.e. you must be at least in a 3-man-team to become a delegation. DO NOT, like Paris International MUN allow individual delegates to sign up because they will end up in a group of strangers who never worked together and will not co-operate with eachother at all (talking from experience). Also this means that people in a delegation will work together on an opening speech and agree that 1 will present, unlike in Paris International MUN where 3 delegates representing Germany gave their opening speeches (with one speech slightly contradicted the other speech)

Force people to pay the registration fee via bank transfer/credit card BEFORE they arrive, unlike Paris international MUN which allowed people to pay in cash as soon as they arrived, what happened was many registered people didn't show up in the end - chaos

Supply your own chairs (people leading the committees) and don't rely on chair-registration from abroad since a chair of whom you know nothing about may break a committee

Your chairs musn't neccessarily have been part at another MUN; I've seen great first-time chairs and rubbish third-time chairs. Just make sure your chairs get a lot of training from work shops. If you have an adult MUN ''mentor'' that would greatly help - our IB Co-ordinator did that

Learn the general MUN procedures

heey thanks for your advice

i have been to 3 MUN conferences, 1 international in Jordan --- so i have some knowledge about the procedures!!

as for the mentor we supposedly have one but she does nothing and she talks without action soo we are thinking of deicding on our own and keeping her out of the whole thing!!

if you are interseted in participating in the mun tell me and i will add your school to the schools list (anyone who is interseted tell me)

thanks again

Sorry if this is a silly question, but am I the only one totally unaware of what a MUN conference is? ;P

i dont think you are the only one who doesnt know what an MUN conference is!!

anyways it is a similar conference to the United nations with the same councils and everything, where students represent a country and defend its point of view in a formal debate!!

i advice anyone who has never attended an MUN confernece to do soo it is an amazing experience!!

if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask:D

Edited by deedoz
  • Like 1

i dont think you are the only one who doesnt know what an MUN conference is!!

anyways it is a similar conference to the United nations with the same councils and everything, where students represent a country and defend its point of view in a formal debate!!

i advice anyone who has never attended an MUN confernece to do soo it is an amazing experience!!

if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask:D

Oh, that really sounds like something for me! I wish I could attend..

Oh, that really sounds like something for me! I wish I could attend..

why not?! doesn't your school take you to conferences?!

im sure we can send an invitation to your school if you want just give me your school's name!!

btw MUN conferences are counted as CAS!!

Edited by deedoz

why not?! doesn't your school take you to conferences?!

im sure we can send an invitation to your school if you want just give me your school's name!!

btw MUN conferences are counted as CAS!!

No, they don't, not from what I've heard at least. I know some students did attended some sort of IB conference, but that's the only thing. Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt if you sent an invitation to the IB coordintor ;)

School's name: Björknäsgymnasiet, Boden, Sweden. Our school number is 1337 I think ;)

No, they don't, not from what I've heard at least. I know some students did attended some sort of IB conference, but that's the only thing. Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt if you sent an invitation to the IB coordintor ;)

School's name: Björknäsgymnasiet, Boden, Sweden. Our school number is 1337 I think ;)

heey

as soon as we get everything ready and all the forms and eveything i will send an invitaiton to your school and maybe ill see you in th confernce next year:D

if you have any questions email them to me (its easier) --- my email is posted on my profile:D:D

heey

as soon as we get everything ready and all the forms and eveything i will send an invitaiton to your school and maybe ill see you in th confernce next year:D

if you have any questions email them to me (its easier) --- my email is posted on my profile:D:D

Great ;) Yeah, I really hope it is possible for some of us to join you guys ;)

The MUN conference I went to was intense. I never felt such an adrenaline rush! Dealing with people of opposing views and repeating yourself ten thousand times, fun. and then Cuba and the US join in on a proposition and say that the way to end the problem with illicit drugs is to legalize them, hahahahahhahah!

If you have the chance to go, go.

The MUN conference I went to was intense. I never felt such an adrenaline rush! Dealing with people of opposing views and repeating yourself ten thousand times, fun. and then Cuba and the US join in on a proposition and say that the way to end the problem with illicit drugs is to legalize them, hahahahahhahah!

If you have the chance to go, go.

MUN is my life!! it is such an intense experience but an AMAZING experience that everyone should experience!!

sooo anyone who is interested we are planning our MUN, just give me your school name and ill send and invitation as soon as possible!!