Your Worst Case Scenario

WhyDidIDoIt

I would have to say that my worst case scenario was when my power suddenly went out when I was writing my Extended Essay.

Thank God I had saved what I had before the power went out.

I was expecting the power to come back on in a few minutes, but it stayed out the entire night so I had to write all of it by hand and then type it up the next day.

It was kind of nice I suppose...looking back on it and all ^^

I didn't have anything to distract me aha

In grade 10, the hard drive of my computer crashed, destroying with it my history essay which was due in a week. Suffice to say I was not pleased that I had to rewrite my essay (I didn't print it out yet), but luckily I had written out an outline so I was able to use that to rewrite it. Also, thanks to my amazing memory, I was able to remember some phrases.

In grade 11, the EXACT same thing happened to me. Thankfully, I had procrastinated on an english essay and I hadn't started it yet :P lol. Only time that procrastination actually paid off haha.

In grade 11, the EXACT same thing happened to me. Thankfully, I had procrastinated on an english essay and I hadn't started it yet XD lol. Only time that procrastination actually paid off haha.

You know, thanks to that I'll probably find myself procrastinating my essays 'just because the hard drive might crash' :P

• 1 month later...

I was writing an essay for class and was about to save when my five year old sister came in and decided to turn my computer off. It didn't recover because my computer was being retarded.

I had stayed up late doing my type I maths portfolio. the next day, I got up, when to school (arrived half an hour before class started). Just as I walked into the school I had a feeling I'd left my maths stuff at home (it was due that day) so I rummaged through my bag and obviously somehow missed it so thought it was at home. Raced home in a taxi (takes 15 minutes to travel from home to school), hurriedly text my friend on the way to tell my homeroom teacher I might be late, turned my room upside down, not finding it, panicking, then somehow decided to look again in my bag and THIS TIME, of course, I found it. So had to rush back to school. Somehow managed to arrive in time for homeroom. Totally wasted the money on taxi.

I was writing an essay for class and was about to save when my five year old sister came in and decided to turn my computer off. It didn't recover because my computer was being retarded.

I had stayed up late doing my type I maths portfolio. the next day, I got up, when to school (arrived half an hour before class started). Just as I walked into the school I had a feeling I'd left my maths stuff at home (it was due that day) so I rummaged through my bag and obviously somehow missed it so thought it was at home. Raced home in a taxi (takes 15 minutes to travel from home to school), hurriedly text my friend on the way to tell my homeroom teacher I might be late, turned my room upside down, not finding it, panicking, then somehow decided to look again in my bag and THIS TIME, of course, I found it. So had to rush back to school. Somehow managed to arrive in time for homeroom. Totally wasted the money on taxi.

Oh no! I'm sorry. That's terrible. I'm very paranoid about that type of thing, so I try to wake up 10 minutes earlier than I need to just to check that I have all my assignments. :) But at least you turned it in on time and everything! However, our teachers are a bit nicer, IAs aren't officially late until after the bell rings dismissing school for the day that it's due. Which means that all the students that procrastinated stay home all day to finish, and come in for the last 10 minutes of school! Haha. Thankfully, I've never done that. But it's oh so tempting.

Until you think about your make up work. And then you come back to reality. :)

I would have to say that my worst case scenario was when my power suddenly went out when I was writing my Extended Essay.

Thank God I had saved what I had before the power went out.

I was expecting the power to come back on in a few minutes, but it stayed out the entire night so I had to write all of it by hand and then type it up the next day.

It was kind of nice I suppose...looking back on it and all ^^

I didn't have anything to distract me aha

DUDE, I had the same problem, but i wasn't in IB yet. My friends were supposed to finish a video project in grade 10 on a VERY windy day. Unfortunately, the power went out and had to act it out in front of the class....that event made me realize the "power" of technology hahaha

Oh no! I'm sorry. That's terrible. I'm very paranoid about that type of thing, so I try to wake up 10 minutes earlier than I need to just to check that I have all my assignments. :) But at least you turned it in on time and everything! However, our teachers are a bit nicer, IAs aren't officially late until after the bell rings dismissing school for the day that it's due. Which means that all the students that procrastinated stay home all day to finish, and come in for the last 10 minutes of school! Haha. Thankfully, I've never done that. But it's oh so tempting.

Until you think about your make up work. And then you come back to reality. :)

Oh no I just didnt want to be late for homeroom, I didnt have to hand the thing in until the afternoon. But the policy at my school is that you cant be absent on the day of the deadline or the day before without a doctor's note - its obviously to stop people crasting and then taking the day off to do work.

@Dooga: It would suck if something like that happens in IB exams. You'd be under enough stress and then that. :) Hope things go back to normal for you at school soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest syrianstar

Worst Case Scenario for me was when my laptop crashe; I don't even understand it since it was new! I had only had it for like a month! Everything on it was lost, including my Economics Commentary and some other documents all of which I hadn't backed up <_< Luckily, since I had only had it for 4 weeks it wasn't so bad though I mourned over my Oedipus Rex assignments *sniff*

Another one (still about the laptop!) was when my dad first brought the laptop; first it took 2 months to convince him to get one, another month while we waited for someone to bring it over from Dubai to Bahrain, and yet another month until I finally installed windows (before that I typed everything up on notepad lol) and then yet another month until it was finally fixed when it crashed.

Phew just writing that takes a lot out of a person! ;)

I bet no1 can beet my worst case...

i had to write me EE 3 times :) thats right THREE... 1st time my computer crashed so my EE and my math portfolio and 2 of my economics commentaries went bye bye :) i didnt even have back up copies...

My computer then crashed again.. n because i dont learn i didnt have back up copies this time either :blum:

I basically had to write every single IA more than twice ;)

It was good practise though :P

this year 2 horrible thungs happened to me

first, i was doing my english project and my printer crashes, then still working on the same project my laptop crashes ans thw windows altogether gets deleted so everything for my project (and evrything else including my world lit paper) got deleted so i had to stay late to reinstall windows and recover everything that got lost!! and it gets worse my things wont open because all of them got corrupted!! but most of them were saved in my USB --- i didnt want to save them but since my printer crashed the day before i put some of the things on the usb to take and print....this project was a nightmare!!

second, was that our tok teacher gave us the titles for the 2008 sessions and not 2009 and if i didnt discover her mistake while searching the web i dont know what would have happened!!!---we could have handed in the 2008 essays!!

• 5 months later...

I remember one nightmare night. I had finished my maths portfolio (my first one) but it was still on paper. It was due next day and I worked from 8 pm to 2 am to type it in the computer. I was just working with no break and I had also just installed windows, so my backup files were not turned on. Anyway, when I finally finish it I'm a combination of exhaustion and stupidity. So I click the nice "x" button and the nice message appears "Do you want to save the changes to Math.doc? yes no cancel". Do you know the feeling when you see the pointer going towards the wrong answer but it's just too late to control your hand? That was exactly it. I pressed "no". So it was gone and there were no backup files.

It took me another 5 hours to type it in again. There were about 10 pages of typing in equations. When I finished I took my nag and went to school....anded the stupid thing in and that was it. I hope it doesn't happen to any of you.

• 1 month later...