Your Worst Case Scenario

WhyDidIDoIt

• 1 month later...

I was doing my Math SL Crows project and I was like almost done and stuff, at the same time I was talking to someone online, and they sent me something, and since i wasnt really paying attention to them, I didnt notice what the name of the file said, LOL.

After i accepted and recieved it, they went like.."quickly save your work in 10 seconds", and i got all confused and I didn't.

*sigh*, My computer shut down on it own just like that, and I lost EVERYTHING, even the saved part, which was really bad, becasue i was trying to improve my mark from 12!

So i had to do it all over again, which was BAD!! But thank god i managed to finish it in the last 2 days and got 18. :)

Haha, since then i never accept anything from that person, because he just makes these on his own, which is scary.

To be quite honest I don't think I've ever had a REALLY bad scenario occur during IB... or lately either.

I always somehow manage to pull through potential rough patches.

However, my mind is notorious for blocking things out after awhile, so I could be wrong :)

But basically there's been nothing that has scarred me for life *knock on wood*.

I got the headset we were using for English oral commentaries stuck in my hair when I put it on wrong, and had to spend a while getting it free. My teacher was amused.

My class' worst case scenario WOULD be that we would get evacuated from the country right before our IB exams. It happened in our school about 7 years ago. Student enrollment dropped from 250 to 90, and the seniors had to continue their IB teaching online with their teacher. So....pray for peace in the Middle East? :)

• 5 weeks later...

My worst case scenario so far has been my hard drive crashing.

This is what happened: The night it crashed my partner and I recorded video clips of ourselves for our french project; it was a telejournal about our school. That night, after recording, re-recording, editing and clipping, I opened my computer to find that "no operating system could be found." I didn't think much of it and went to sleep because I didn't know what it meant! I woke up the next day and opened it to find the same message! I freaked out and went all around the city trying to find someone who might fix it but every time someone looked at it they told me everything was gone. This occurred 2 days before the french project was due.

BUT, everything worked out because some clips were still saved on the camera's memory and we re-recorded. I'm still in mourning over all the things that were lost in my hard drive :S

• 3 weeks later...
Worst Case Scenario for me was when my laptop crashe; I don't even understand it since it was new! I had only had it for like a month! Everything on it was lost, including my Economics Commentary and some other documents all of which I hadn't backed up :) Luckily, since I had only had it for 4 weeks it wasn't so bad though I mourned over my Oedipus Rex assignments *sniff*

Another one (still about the laptop!) was when my dad first brought the laptop; first it took 2 months to convince him to get one, another month while we waited for someone to bring it over from Dubai to Bahrain, and yet another month until I finally installed windows (before that I typed everything up on notepad lol) and then yet another month until it was finally fixed when it crashed.

Phew just writing that takes a lot out of a person! :unsure:

i have two things to say,

1. ouch

2. can i offer you a stress ball :D ?

My worst scenario is prob..

when I accidentally deleted & permenantly deleted half of my semester's work on Physics, Maths and English...

what happened was I accidentally clicked on ctrl v rather than ctrl c for my backup as i was in a hurry

then, i deleted the files cos i needed space on my harddrive...

my mind went completely blank when i realised that i made SUCH STUPID MISTAKE!!!

so i pretty much had to re-do and save all documents that are gone...

and let me tell u,

the traces back to recovery was NOT FUN :D

This has happened to me at least three times : Writing the Lab report ..FULL LAB REPORT and press the X button and dont save it...... I swear i was like screw it im not repeating it and then i had to .... :D Oh another bad day

Externals : Had Arabic Chemistry and IT same day!!!

It was similar to this : 8:30 -11:00 Arabic Exam

12:00- 1:30 Chemistry

2:30 - 4:30 IT

• 2 weeks later...

Well the day before my G4 project I came down with flu and though 'Well, maybe it isn't flu and by the next morning I'll be right and fresh'. I was wrong... On the first day of the project I felt mainly normal and though 'well this isn't so bad but the flu is still restricting my mood'. But that night I couldn't get to sleep for hours, the last time I checked the clock it was 4am so I only got 2-3 hours sleep. It was horrible on this second day, and when we were walking along a river and the others stopped to discuss some part of the waterway I would often keep walking ahead, sit down in the grass put my head on my knees and almost fall asleep. Then that night of course I fell asleep around 8pm... Next day presentations, and throughout the whole thing I cough (ran out of water in bottle) and sniff all through it and hazily try to explain my part in the project. But that second day was the worst...getting 2 or 3 hours sleep, taking an extensive walk along a river with the class, then struggling with chem and bio aspects in the lab killed me and I seriously considered taking the next week off which would destroy my chances of getting the diploma of course.

• 4 months later...

The worst thing that's happened to me?

Try spending hours perfecting a group presentation because 1/3 of your group is incompetent, 1/3 is apathetic, and the other 1/3 is you. Writing detailed outlines for the prez, flashcards, powerpoint, diagrams, the whole nine yards. Memorizing your points. And then the morning of, remember you forgot to do your physics homework! Your homework average is already in the high Cs because the teacher grades homework when you don't do it, so your average in that class is barely a 90. Results? Late for your presentation, with your apathetic group member giving a pathetic yet insightful presentation. The physics teacher doesn't take up your work. All in all, **** happens. No use getting high BP over it.

I think my worst case scenario was having 4 tests plus an exam on the second last week of school. I had a French, Math, Physics test and had to do an RCM exam plus I had to come back after school to do the chemistry exam. It was probably the most stressed out day of my life, I was so fried at the end of the day that I just slept right when I went home.

My worst case scenario was when we had a very very big group project for english and two of my group members just decided to not show up without any notice (in a group of 3). Then the teacher told me it was all my fault since I did not communicate well with my group members. :P

Within IB, I'd have to say the worst thing I could dream of besides the obvious failing exams and hard drives crashing, etc., would be to be doing a really intense stœchiometry of gases question in a chemistry exam, going back and revising in the last like 2 minutes, and realizing you carried a decimal wrong when calculating moles, or something. Something in the beginning. Ohmygod. I would kill myself.

That and having my IB coordinator tell me there is a grave error in the infrastructure of my EE AFTER I've sent it in. That happened to one of my friends who graduated a few years ago. Lawd. I think they got a C...