Type II - Fish Production

Noxen

Yakuza, then you can start modelling a function.

brigadirsa, I'm not sure if there's such formula I could think of, but look at the point where the graph starts, its x coordinate. for example if the original sin graph is translated horizontally by 3 units to the right, c=-3

ok...thanks a lot and sorry for interrupting you...:)

i have used sin regression and for the last one..

but how to do it analytically??

you have to find a,b,c and d using period ,amplitude and etc....

the last question I do not understand very much...you are talking about whole period between 1980 to 2006? or what? honestly i did not use tangent function in this IA... :/

• Like 1

From the question, it stated 'plot the data points from the table on a graph. so i would suggest only one graph...I'm not conformed yet, though.you can use Excel or Geogebra...I still don't know what suitable models should I use that have similar trends...I wish someone colud help me on this...

well at the very first, you present the tables and plot everything on one same graph. but then to generate the formula, you combine a number of functions.

I was thinking of using sin(x)/x. but i could not figure out how can i combine the functions together? any ideas?

okay so you want to use sinx/x for the whole thing or only for one section, then another function for another section, yet another function for some other section, or how?

if you want to use 1 function for the whole thing, well that's it. no need to combine anything.

but if you want to use several functions, you can present it with:

gif.latex?y=\begin{Bmatrix} function 1 \

but without the closing bracket }

Hi. :)

I just wanted to ask, the data that you are referring to, is it the data from the total mass of fish caught in the sea or is this data from the fish farms? sorry, im kinda confused :/

thanks.

the first three tables on the top, in the beginning of the task.

Can you tell me if it is enough to do only regression using a calculator for analiticaly developing part? For example, when for each table regression is separately done and combined in a model, is it fine enough?

On the second part where it says "plot the data points from this table on a graph, and discuss whether your analytical model for the original data first the new data."

Are the referring to the first set of data we developed an analytical model (the fish caught in sea) for or are we supposed to create an analytical model for the new set of data (the fish farms) too.

I'm assuming original data equates to the sea fish, because it is referred to that later on?

Edited by gewgle

Can you tell me if it is enough to do only regression using a calculator for analiticaly developing part? For example, when for each table regression is separately done and combined in a model, is it fine enough?

NO. analytical means algebraic, mathematical. need to show working. do NOT use regression from calculator in your first model. unless you want to lord marks.

On the second part where it says "plot the data points from this table on a graph, and discuss whether your analytical model for the original data first the new data."

Are the referring to the first set of data we developed an analytical model (the fish caught in sea) for or are we supposed to create an analytical model for the new set of data (the fish farms) too.

I'm assuming original data equates to the sea fish, because it is referred to that later on?

okay a quick rough outline:

- they ask you to model analytically a function for the first 3 tables

- they ask you to model technologically a function for the first 3 tables

- they ask you to modify any of the two functions you've previously modelled to fit the data for the last 3 tables

so, the answer to your question is: they're referring to the model you've previously created for the first set of data.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone out there is still working on this/finished, could you please confirm or answer as much as you can about the following?

1. The trend of the fish farms plot seems to be following that of an exponential function (despite the fluctuation towards the end).

2. The generally decreasing trend of fish-catching in the sea is explained by the rise in fish farming.

3. ??? The fish production from the sea will continue to decrease (general trend) while the fish production from fish farms will continue to increase - however, only up until a certain point for both as fish farms are limited in the quantity of fish they can produce. ??? - Not so sure on this one.

Any thoughts?

(Sorry, I know this sounds too demanding for someone who's asking for help, but I promise to pay back the community some day..!)

awks

Edited by Not Cliche