Nuclear power

shalala

well america couldn't have replied..they didn't finished their bomb....

after Germany was defeated USA was still fighting Japan...and they dropped the bomb not as a military offencive move but as a warning to the USSR....

same thing if Hitler dropped a nuc... USA population would of demanded peace...+why would Germany drop it on Britain....they were exasted.....if not for USA mass production of weapons and plains... Germany would of over taken them....so i conclude that if Hitler had the chance he would of dropped the bomb on USA, which would of changed history....

ps what do you mean "plus the Manhattan project started 1942 and at that stage Germany were pretty much on the back foot."???

well why would they invade...they are not fighting against Iran...they are fighting against terrorism....and why would USA be affraid...if Iran is going to drop the bomb it will not be on USA but in Israel/Palestine..which ever they hate more..haha

I'm amused you find your last sentence to be funny. First of all, it is too big of an assumption and your close-mindedness that 100% believes in the thought of Iran committing such a felony. Second of all, your laid back attitude towards other people dying baffles me. I really am disappointed by your post.

after Germany was defeated USA was still fighting Japan...and they dropped the bomb not as a military offencive move but as a warning to the USSR....

same thing if Hitler dropped a nuc... USA population would of demanded peace...+why would Germany drop it on Britain....they were exasted.....if not for USA mass production of weapons and plains... Germany would of over taken them....so i conclude that if Hitler had the chance he would of dropped the bomb on USA, which would of changed history....

ps what do you mean "plus the Manhattan project started 1942 and at that stage Germany were pretty much on the back foot."???

well why would they invade...they are not fighting against Iran...they are fighting against terrorism....and why would USA be affraid...if Iran is going to drop the bomb it will not be on USA but in Israel/Palestine..which ever they hate more..haha

firstly why would they drop a bomb on Japan as a threat to Russia? They did it to end the war... whether it is right is another story.

you're really confusing... who was exhausted? they won the war in Europe right? along with all the others. that's like trying to kill a giant instead of the smaller ones lol anyway ...

You cannot have a war against terrorism. That's the same mistake George Bush made. how can you shoot an idea? plus Iran only has short range missiles right now so how on earth would they reach the USA?

the Manhattan project was the development of nuclear weapons and at that time Nazi Germany was on the backfoot.

I'm not commenting on your last sentence, it'd derail this thread far too much.

Edited by AHiddenName
  • Like 1

firstly why would they drop a bomb on Japan as a threat to Russia? They did it to end the war... whether it is right is another story.

you're really confusing... who was exhausted? they won the war in Europe right? along with all the others. that's like trying to kill a giant instead of the smaller ones lol anyway ...

You cannot have a war against terrorism. That's the same mistake George Bush made. how can you shoot an idea? plus Iran only has short range missiles right now so how on earth would they reach the USA?

the Manhattan project was the development of nuclear weapons and at that time Nazi Germany was on the backfoot.

ok...um if you ever studied that time period you would know that that's when "cold war" started. of coures it is true that you can put an exact date on when the cold war started but that is when the hostility got open. when the bomb was being dropped at the same time there was a conference (potsdam conference) at which truman sent a warning to stalin that usa has a supernatural bomb. also many historians believe that when the second bomb was dropped as a massage that the first bomb was not a one time thing and that if usa did it once it can do it again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_production_during_World_War_II i under stand that wiki. is not the best source but the information is close to the info we got from our history book(which was written by a British...if their was any bies it would be in favor of Britain). from the data i can see that USA almost tripled the production of Britain.

i also understand that Britain was the country that held up Hitler in what he was doing but again i personally don't think that they would of done as much if not USA... because after the bombardment started Britain did not have the same capability's of production...

by the way i dont think that this was is against an idea...it is against the people the blow them self in a crowed.

well and in my opinion you can fight with people that put bombs on them self and blow up in a populated place..

germany surrendered in may 1945...

USA builds it's first bomb in 1945...

Edited by URA BOAT

I'm amused you find your last sentence to be funny. First of all, it is too big of an assumption and your close-mindedness that 100% believes in the thought of Iran committing such a felony. Second of all, your laid back attitude towards other people dying baffles me. I really am disappointed by your post.

first of all i found it funny that i didn't know which they hate more...second i didn't say they will do it. i said IF they did. i mean you can never know...i wouldn't be surprised if usa did some thing like that...and i don't see usa solders fly plains into building and blow them self up in the streets. all im saying is that you never know what will people do...

attitude towards other people dying? its not in my control...if it was up to me i make peace every were but it is not up to me...+ i dont see how you see my attitude..i didnt even say anything..?

ok...um if you ever studied that time period you would know that that's when "cold war" started. of coures it is true that you can put an exact date on when the cold war started but that is when the hostility got open. when the bomb was being dropped at the same time there was a conference (potsdam conference) at which truman sent a warning to stalin that usa has a supernatural bomb. also many historians believe that when the second bomb was dropped as a massage that the first bomb was not a one time thing and that if usa did it once it can do it again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_production_during_World_War_II i under stand that wiki. is not the best source but the information is close to the info we got from our history book(which was written by a British...if their was any bies it would be in favor of Britain). from the data i can see that USA almost tripled the production of Britain.

i also understand that Britain was the country that held up Hitler in what he was doing but again i personally don't think that they would of done as much if not USA... because after the bombardment started Britain did not have the same capability's of production...

by the way i dont think that this was is against an idea...it is against the people the blow them self in a crowed.

well and in my opinion you can fight with people that put bombs on them self and blow up in a populated place..

germany surrendered in may 1945...

USA builds it's first bomb in 1945...

I know what the cold war is... you phrased what you were saying as if that was the main reason as to why Germany surrendered. Russia had made the Germans retreat so much that they were stuck in Berlin frantically burning papers. Look at the dates on this. Victory in Europe was May 8th 1945. The bombings in Japan was in August. To just give a year and show that they must be linked isn't helpful. And i have told you the mahattan project started in 1942. Don't you think that Germany would have surrendered then if they cared that much?

You are making no sense with your britain thing... why would germany bomb the usa when they have 3 times the amount of nuclear weapons as britain? Reading it again you've made even less sense.

you don't understand the war against an idea thing. Lets put it this way, if i declared a war against smiling wouldn't you think that's ridiculous? Ideas are not physical. People will always feel the need to terrorise others. What do you think Hitler was trying to do? A systematic killing of the Jewish Religion. How many Jews do you know today ?

You can have a war against an organisation, a war against a bank, a war against your cat i dunno whatever tickles your fancy. But you cannot have a war against the mind. That is why Obama said it's a war against the Taliban not terrorism. I hope i've made that a bit clearer.

can we please get back on topic, it's no longer about nuclear power.

I think that one of the best ways to look at this is to relate it to the way lots of people look at flight as being a safe or unsafe method of travel. Lots of people are afraid of flying because of stories that they may have heard about plane crashes and how catastrophic they can be, however, when you look at the statistics, the probability of dying in a car crash is much higher than the probability of dying in a plane accident every time a person travels.

I think it's the same idea with people's perceptions of nuclear power. We hear so much about the few accidents in the past (which were all as a result of human ignorance as was stated earlier in the debate) that people often have a tainted point of view before they start looking at the facts. And similar to the plane statistics vs car statistics, nuclear energy is much safer and cleaner than any other major energy source used today.

I know what the cold war is... you phrased what you were saying as if that was the main reason as to why Germany surrendered. Russia had made the Germans retreat so much that they were stuck in Berlin frantically burning papers. Look at the dates on this. Victory in Europe was May 8th 1945. The bombings in Japan was in August. To just give a year and show that they must be linked isn't helpful. And i have told you the mahattan project started in 1942. Don't you think that Germany would have surrendered then if they cared that much?

You are making no sense with your britain thing... why would germany bomb the usa when they have 3 times the amount of nuclear weapons as britain? Reading it again you've made even less sense.

you don't understand the war against an idea thing. Lets put it this way, if i declared a war against smiling wouldn't you think that's ridiculous? Ideas are not physical. People will always feel the need to terrorise others. What do you think Hitler was trying to do? A systematic killing of the Jewish Religion. How many Jews do you know today ?

You can have a war against an organisation, a war against a bank, a war against your cat i dunno whatever tickles your fancy. But you cannot have a war against the mind. That is why Obama said it's a war against the Taliban not terrorism. I hope i've made that a bit clearer.

can we please get back on topic, it's no longer about nuclear power.

you are right we did get off topic....i dont what to continue arguing but i just want to clarify what i said...i see you did not understand what i was trying to say.

NO...that is not what i was trying to say(and yes im sorry...i forgot to put the date...i wanted to but forgot)...what i meant is that after Germany surrendered the Japanese still were fighting. the USA, i believe, with time would of won because they took control over all of the supplies(mainly oil/gas). instead of waiting they use a nuclear weapon. i believe that this strategy was mainly focus not on winning the war against Japen, but to show of in front of USSR. USA and USSR were the only super powers that came out after WWll and dropping the bomb was a way the USA tried to get an upper hand. President Truman before negotiating with Stalin, told him that USA has a bomb with great capabilities. couple minutes after his comment the bomb was dropped.

next the British thing""" what i tried to say that during the WWll USA was a big factor of british success. with out the usa production idk what Britain could of done!! i see that your from England and im not trying to offend you so please dont take it negatively

the idea that they have bring actions...one human can not say what you should believe(idea) but when the actions hurt you and you people that when you have to fight it.. Hitler didnt kill Jew because of their faith..it was because they control the money..that what pissed him of!

ok...dont get your panties in a bunch....what obama said is right..you cant fight terrorism because you dont know where it will come from..but you can fight an organization that provides the terrorist

OK lets get back to the original question!!

"So basically, the other day I was discussing with my brother whether nuclear power is a maintainable source of energy.(Here I am taking for granted that most people think that fossil and bio fuel should be phased out.)"

Edited by URA BOAT

Every country should be allowed to possess nuclear technologies. Why can the US and other countries possess this while they denounce any other countries even attempting to acquire such technologies. You may be thinking, "But what about Iran! They are ruled by a nut job." So? Who are we to tell them that they can't have nuclear weapons. Answer in short: Either we all DO or DON'T have 'em. It's too late for the latter option, so I guess what solution remains.

Every country should be allowed to possess nuclear technologies. Why can the US and other countries possess this while they denounce any other countries even attempting to acquire such technologies. You may be thinking, "But what about Iran! They are ruled by a nut job." So? Who are we to tell them that they can't have nuclear weapons. Answer in short: Either we all DO or DON'T have 'em. It's too late for the latter option, so I guess what solution remains.

i would like you say that again when they will have one and you life will be in danger..about no one having them i agree. that is what they are trying to do..but it is difficult because if you disarm all of your nuc's you enemy might not be as whats the word.. honest...that when you in trouble...iran in not ruled by nut job...but north Vietnam, that guy...i mean he would sit on the nuc when its get dropped...

I'm quite sorry, but I have no clue what you are on about. Iran would not mass-murder anyone. In fact, it is the same flag that you so pridefully bear on your profile that is the only country to have committed such atrocities. Look at Hiroshima and Nagasaki in World War II. Read up on it if you're so keen. Now what would make me more sad as a human is to see the bullying of countries by other countries. We denounce these things in school, but at a global scale we seem to ignore them. Iran is the victim of bullying by US and it's allies. Supply a bullied child with a bat and fist and he will be able to fend for himself. Supply Iran with weapons, which it now has in plenty, and it will fend for itself. Great days are ahead of us my friends.

first of all im not an american...im russian and a proud one to be exact...

next i understand that USA is a bully....but how will giving Iran nuc's help? ever heard of Columbine Shooting? http://en.wikipedia....School_massacre this is what happens

tumblr_ljybjfdcMu1qaisad.jpgericharrisdylanklebold4.jpg

picture4.jpg

and this were just some kids that got bullied...they got guns and went killing who ever the felt like killing..

next...sep. 11

this are just some guy with a plain...a plain not a nuc...

wtc_9-11.jpg

140605september11.jpg

now can you tell me what will happen if iran puts a bomb in NY...how many people will die? 20,000,000+the people that live in other city's close to NY+radiation(that might even spread to Canada...it is the country of the flag that you so pridefully bear on your profile!)...i mean you what to support(i call it mass murder you call it a country fend for itself)...but look at those pic. and # and think again about what you support

Edited by URA BOAT

i would like you say that again when they will have one and you life will be in danger..about no one having them i agree. that is what they are trying to do..but it is difficult because if you disarm all of your nuc's you enemy might not be as whats the word.. honest...that when you in trouble...iran in not ruled by nut job...but north Vietnam, that guy...i mean he would sit on the nuc when its get dropped...

next i understand that USA is a bully....but how will giving Iran nuc's help? ever heard of Columbine Shooting? http://en.wikipedia....School_massacre this is what happens

picture4.jpg

and this were just some kids that got bullied...they got guns and went killing who ever the felt like killing..

next...sep. 11

wtc_9-11.jpg

140605september11.jpg

now can you tell me what will happen if iran puts a bomb in NY...how many people will die? 20,000,000+the people that live in other city's close to NY+radiation(that might even spread to Canada...it is the country of the flag that you so pridefully bear on your profile!)...i mean you what to support(i call it mass murder you call it a country fend for itself)...but look at those pic. and # and think again about what you support

picture4.jpg

next...sep. 11

wtc_9-11.jpg

140605september11.jpg

First of all thank you for your post brother. We are all allies. I really do not think that Iran will strike another country. I just think it's unfair that some countries have them while some do not. It is also Russia that is aiding Iran with building nukes (as any report will prove). Iran will obtain nukes and there is nothing any one can do. Purely defensive. Edited by Nick Habibi

personalty i do not support politics of ether country(USA or RUSSIA)...and it is not fair but their is no way around it... lets say USA gets rid of all nuc's but then Iran builds one... what's next?..us allies are left defenseless!

p.s. that not what i said...you got the quotes wrong...what i said i high lighted in green..and what you said in blue...ok :)

Edited by Sandwich
Do not make lots of new posts for pointless reasons, edit old posts.

The nuculear(I forget how to spell this.) missleheads are now a days more like a defense against other countries than really using them as a threat. A few hundered or thousand of them in the USA are left in 15minute alert at all times for the decision of one man in the united States to press a button for them to launch. All the countries such as Russia, Cuba, etc. have their own as well and there are enough to blow up the world about three times.

I'm not sure if this strays away from the topic you guys were on...but I'd like to believe that even if someone was as crazy as the leaders of the world they would understand the negative affects of launching any of their missles. They are more of a threat but practically, I'm not sure. The radiation would kill that area for so long that it's a crime I think.

what about the people that don't care if they or every one else will die. they put on vests with explosives on them self and walk into populated places and blow them self up... i don't think those people that do such horrible action will stop to think about what will happen after they die...all they want is their virgins...

you see, you and i are what i would call a sensible and logical but believe me there are some stupid, irrational people out their!!!

• 3 weeks later...

what about the people that don't care if they or every one else will die. they put on vests with explosives on them self and walk into populated places and blow them self up... i don't think those people that do such horrible action will stop to think about what will happen after they die...all they want is their virgins...

you see, you and i are what i would call a sensible and logical but believe me there are some stupid, irrational people out their!!!

Is it just me or is this completely off the original topic?

I think nuclear power is the future, until other (possibly more effective) ways of energy gathering are invented.

• Like 1