Gingko Biloba

Shorty

Has anyone taken this stuff before? Supposedly it helps with remember things and actually ,according to my math teacher, has been proven to help raise marks in school. I use to take it awhile ago everyday until I noticed that I was getting light headed so I decided to stop taking them. Recently I started to take them again but every other day. Apparently it thins outs your blood so it lowers your blood pressure.

Has anyone else had experiences with this stuff?

"The extract of the Ginkgo leaves contains flavonoid glycosides and terpenoids (ginkgolides, bilobalides) and has been used pharmaceutically. It has many alleged nootropic properties, and is mainly used as memory and concentration enhancer, and anti-vertigo agent. However, studies differ about its efficacy. Some controversy has arisen over the conclusions drawn by some studies that were allegedly funded by a firm which marketed Ginkgo. Slate, an Internet-based magazine owned by "

- Wikipedia

Thats pretty much all I can say it just helps with memory and concentration.

• 2 months later...

oh..i've had taken the ginkgo biloba fr about one year(last two years)...

n i FEEL like it does help....

-improve ur memory(as based on readin,this herb improves ur neuron cells)

-n it is gud fr health as it improves blood flow..(sumhw i feel like more healthy..n less sleepy during class)..

my mom used to give me cod liver oil, apaerntly that stuff is good as well.. but it's ingesting pure oil XD so I used to lie and not take it XD

:D COD LIVER OIL! Yeah, I know! My mum used to make me take it too, but it is actually the most disgusting thing on the face of the planet- it has this gross fishy taste and it stays with you for hours afterwards.

Thank god she's decided to spare me this horror, and now makes me ingest cod liver oil in the form of tablets :)

Hmm. Does gingko biloba taste any good?

Edited by Silviana

• 3 weeks later...

I come from a really old fashioned Chinese family that believes in those home remedies. We sometimes put gingko biloba in our tea and it draws raves from elderly people who claim that it helps fend off senility. I don't actually know if this is true though... :(