Type I - Lacsap's Fractions

vivo per lei

i need to finish my portfolio for tomorow with already day late

i got an equation for the denominator but it doesnt work

is the equation in this form (i will not give the actual numbers since its forbiden x will be numbers ): x/xn^2+x/xn+(x/xn^2+x/xn+x) :bawling:

I can encourage you to read the thread, if you haven't already done so. Because there are some good explanations by dessskris which helped me to find the general statement while I was doing the task. If you follow the directions, I'm sure you will figure it out. No, neither of the equations are in this form.

I need find the general proposition for tomorrow!!

I was trying all the day but I cant do it!!

can anyone tell me how is the denominator and the numerator,

I think i have an idea but it just work for odd numbers

Have you followed the directions given in this thread? Please try them and let us know if there is a problem. Giving the answers is forbidden and the people in this forum can only guide you.

I wanna know if there are an specific formula to find all

the terms for the denominator!

Today I found the general statement for de numerator and it

works... but the problem is that i find a formula that works only

for the first and last term (of course cuz those are the same XD)

then I have to sustrac a number the another number.. i dont know if

that could work as a general statement and my supervisor didnt tell me

if that is posible... so please I need your help! I need to do my

portafolio for thursday!

@tomcohen0079 you sure? or are they actually the same thing but expressed in different forms? I have only found one so far so I'm not sure if there can be other formulas.

@Fake20111 there is... as Gestapo said read through this thread and you'll hopefully get it.

what are you talking about? what number? subtracted by what? as you are forming a general statement you need to express those numbers in terms of n and r as much as possible.

ok i found the right equation,

in order to do so i had to change (N) of my previous equation (which worked only when r was equal to 1) to (n-r);the problem is that i found the solution(n-r) by mistake while i was speculating and i have no mathematical explanation of why we have to change it to (n-r)

so my question is can someone explaine how we can find the answer without speculating.

thank you in advance.

ok i found the right equation,

in order to do so i had to change the n of of my previous equation (which worked only when r was equal to 1) to (n-r);the problem is that i found the solution(n-r) by mistake while i was speculating and i have no mathematical explanation of why we have to change it to (n-r)

so my question is can someone explaine how we can find the answer without speculating.

I have a question i need to know if there is only

one general statement for find all the denominators

cuz i found a statement that just work for the first

and the last term.

or i have to sustract a number from the last term and continue

doing that to find the order terms PLEASE!

I have a question i need to know if there is only

one general statement for find all the denominators

cuz i found a statement that just work for the first

and the last term.

or i have to sustract a number from the last term and continue

doing that to find the order terms PLEASE!

what are you talking about? what number? subtracted by what? as you are forming a general statement you need to express those numbers in terms of n and r as much as possible.

what patterns have you found? if you have to subtract, by what number? any pattern?

think about patterns and generalisation in terms of n and r.

have you read through this whole thread?

• 2 weeks later...

The task itself gives an example as the following:

E5(2) = 15/9

The example means that 15/9 is the 2nd element (i.e. the second fraction from left to the right) in the 5th row. You may ask why the 2nd element is not 15/11 but 15/9. Because we don't take into account 1 and 1 at each ends of a row and this is the primary reason why we write (r+1)th element.

Another example would be E4(3) = 10/7. In this case, we look at the 4th row and the 3rd element (without including 1s at each end), and it corresponds to 10/7.

I hope it helps. =)

• Like 3

great, thanks I've got that now. more that I don't understand unfortunately :|

the second instruction it gives is: "Using technology, plot the relation between the row number, n, and the numerator in each row. Describe what you notice from your plot and write a general statement to represent this."

I've basically done a bog-standard excel scatter graph in response to this. I don't think this is right- no pattern jumps out at me from this. I've done second-order difference bit, I'm not sure how to take a general statement from this?