ITGS - General & Project Questions Here!

dandoon96

Oh man..I've been in your situation.

Look, I've made lots of posts regarding the ITGS project within this forum. Go through http://www.ibsurviva...other-subjects/ and see all the topics with ITGS in them.

Now on your issue...even I was doing Databases at first but i realized that it stinks and its tough because the teacher is of NO help. Anyhow I changed my project to a video presentation on my School library. I made a video tutorial on how to use the online reservation system, finding a book, borrowing books with Library card etc etc.

If you STILL want to go ahead with Databases i suggest you use Microsoft Access 2010 instead of 2003...its much easier. One REALLY good way to fit a project such as this into your Criteria is to put it onto a website using Apache. I suggest you use Apache Server and host a PHP based webpage. Creating a user interface shouldn't be too hard.

A good tool for this project would be Wampserver: http://www.wampserver.com/en/Get

Learn some SQL coding as well. that way you can make some GOOD features for the database. In fact you can just ignore Ms Access and just use Apache...its REALLY easy to use and there are plenty of tutorials on youtube.

Edited by Guest

RWJ Fan .

thanks for the reply !! :D

what you are saying is correct , like the documentation files available are only for the website ,

and for the database ( sample 5 ) there is nothing much which will help ,

i will ask my teacher and see if i will change my project ! :S

Edited by Sandwich
Please don't use chatspeak! Type words out in full.

How about something like:

member since..... or Membership number.

i have attached an ITGS project...A database one. Open it with Microsoft Access.

It should give you a clearer picture of what hey expect from a Database sort of project. This is NOT the APACHE server based one i mentioned earlier.

Nicoles_DVDs.zip

Edited by Guest

I dont see why not. But hey...thats IS someone else's work.

Change the format, Add a new table, Maybe change the layout of the GUI. Maybe ad a search and replace function. I would suggest you don't USE the same project but simply use it as an example.

If I were you I'd stick with ITGS HL. Its a scoring subject with EASY grade boundaries. (As in according to Last years paper..a 68 or above was a 7). there isnt much difference between HL and SL ITGS so i would recommend you stick with i. Its easy too.

Hello again ..

I am aiming to score a 7 in ITGS SL , i will try to work hard on it , but what exactly should i do , getting a 7 in this topic specifically is very important to rise my grades!!!

and another question if possible , any useful websites that will help me to create a database for my project ?

I am currently doing Stage D ,

What should i list for " Resources and techniques " i am confused

my techniques are as follows 1. use of macros

2. use of subforms

3. use of navigation buttons

Ok...this section is very tricky. What you need to do is specify the Resources needed by you to make the project and then specify the Resources needed by the Client to run the product.

Same with the techniques. What technique you will use.....then what technique the client will need to use.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still looking for a client and an IT problem. Do you get extra credits if its original? like unique, not a typical example they set?

Or is it just marked easily like by fulfilling all the criteria and documentation, and a REASONABLE soloution can score a 7?

Ideas for projects?

1) Nope. No extra credits, no matter how cool the problem/client may be.

2) Yes fulfilling the criteria and the completing the documentation is the only way to get a good grade.

3) Well...ideas.

-Build a video presentation for your school publicising it.

-Make a n online catalogue for your local Library

-Website for your local hospital

-make an Android/Iphone/Facebook app for your school

-make a video on "how to use the internet effectively in school" for your 4th-5th graders

Edited by Guest

Hi, so I like reaalllyyyy need IA ideas too. I have a client and know what I was going to do. But I want to change it because it was going to be making a website for a club at my school but I really don't know what I would put on that website because the club hasn't been doing much. And my client is a really lazy teacher (he's my chem teacher and he's just sooo lazy and spends most of class on his phone)...(soo serious)........anyways, anyone have any good ideas??? :)

• 2 weeks later...

can someone please explain to me what each of the following advanced techniques mean:

- manipulation of graphics to improve print quality

- development of an original and unifying template

- proficient use of typography

- proficient interrelationship of graphical elements, images and text

- integration of components using advanced features from other applications

can someone please explain to me what each of the following advanced techniques mean:

- manipulation of graphics to improve print quality

- development of an original and unifying template

- proficient use of typography

- proficient interrelationship of graphical elements, images and text

- integration of components using advanced features from other applications

You only need to post in ONE topic. Someone WILL help you. Refer to my answer here:

Look I just gave a bunch of ideas above...Why don't you tell me what this club and all is about...and I can point you in the right direction.

I am having a really hard time filling out my criterions, i am actually done with my product by i am not sure how i am supposed to fill up these criterions and what exactly i am supposed to put in each criterion, i have filled in until criterion D but i am not sure if what i am doing is correct or not. if i am doing a catalog, what am i supposed to put in the test plan? and how am i supposed to get the client's signature on there, do i just write it? because i have already finished my product and my client loved it.

Look I just gave a bunch of ideas above...Why don't you tell me what this club and all is about...and I can point you in the right direction.

I am having a really hard time filling out my criterions, i am actually done with my product by i am not sure how i am supposed to fill up these criterions and what exactly i am supposed to put in each criterion, i have filled in until criterion D but i am not sure if what i am doing is correct or not. if I am doing a catalogue, what am i supposed to put in the test plan? and how am i supposed to get the client's signature on there, do i just write it? because I have already finished my product and my client loved it.

In the test plan you shove the catalogue into people's hand and make them read it. If they understand your objective then you completed the criteria.

Criteria D is organization and structure. In other words write and describe how your catalogue is structured. What's on every page etc.

Criteria E is development. Write how you developed it. I made a Gantt chart to show my development.

Crit F is feedback. See the attached Documentation template for help.

Cheers!

Sample project.zip

I am having a really hard time filling out my criterions, i am actually done with my product by i am not sure how i am supposed to fill up these criterions and what exactly i am supposed to put in each criterion, i have filled in until criterion D but i am not sure if what i am doing is correct or not. if I am doing a catalogue, what am i supposed to put in the test plan? and how am i supposed to get the client's signature on there, do i just write it? because I have already finished my product and my client loved it.

In the test plan you shove the catalogue into people's hand and make them read it. If they understand your objective then you completed the criteria.

Criteria D is organization and structure. In other words write and describe how your catalogue is structured. What's on every page etc.

Criteria E is development. Write how you developed it. I made a Gantt chart to show my development.

Crit F is feedback. See the attached Documentation template for help.

Cheers!

Thank you!!!