Hardest SL topic?

quinnib10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's all relative I guess (TOK). Most people have problems with Mathematics; But I feel very insecure about my French.

Off Topic: In my class (7 students), we have finished SL Math except for Probability which we will start after march break. Also, we will start HL topics.

• Like 1

Lol it was all hard for me and that's why I switched to Studies :) but from what I hear from my friends in Math SL, calculus is by far the hardest topic and what they cover in junior year is easier than what they cover in senior year (aka Calculus)

• 3 weeks later...

Umm...... I'm still up to Discrete random variables...but...... How hard is calculus??.

If u have a fairly good command of mathematics, calculus shouldn't be too hard. Just do the worksheets assigned and try to understand the concepts.

I don't know why everyone thinks calculus and vectors are so hard. Vectors are easy. Calculus is easy, I find it really builds on itself, reinforcing it in your mind better. The hardest thing in calculus is probably optimisation and related rates, which can range from not that bad to ugly.

Statistics and probability are by far the hardest part of the course.

• Like 1