Hardest SL topic?

quinnib10

statistics is quire easy (cumulative frequency curves, mean, median, mode, range, box and whisker plots,...), nothing you haven't done before

normal distribution is slightly more challenging, particularly if you have to standardize for paper 1

probability is not too hard in my opinion. its basically understanding the question (text) and then applying the correct formula, which are all given in the formula booklet.

binomial distribution is quite nice, especially on paper 2 where you have access to the calculator.

overall i find the applications of calculus (kinematics) and trigonometric equations/ logarithms the hardest.

matrices is by far the easiest topic. sequences and series is close to follow, usually being very accessible. vectors is a nice topic i think (don't understand what people have against them)- theres basically only very limited approaches possible, thereby it is not too hard to figure out what they want.

heres a video on IB SL Statistics and Probability Review- check it out, they have videos on all topics:

Edited by Eastcoast93
  • Like 2

Vectors really? I am by no means a maths brain but that is quite a simple topic imo :D i am quite surprised, i actually hope that the section B on both papers have vectors on it haha. I feel like the approaches are so limited, they always ask about scalar product, angle between vectors and some normal systems of linear equations....i am worried now that everyone is complaining about vectors :P

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't know why everyone thinks calculus and vectors are so hard. Vectors are easy. Calculus is easy, I find it really builds on itself, reinforcing it in your mind better. The hardest thing in calculus is probably optimisation and related rates, which can range from not that bad to ugly.

Statistics and probability are by far the hardest part of the course.

statistics is easy crap. probability is the real pain -_-

• 2 months later...