A Question about Price Ceilings vs Price Floors (Agriculture)

For my IA article, I was going to state a solution to rising peanut prices. (a price ceiling). This would protect consumers and blah blah blah, all that "evaluation". However, while researching Government Intervention I discovered that agriculture prices are usually fixed by price floors NOT price ceilings. So because of this I'm a bit confused on which price control would be used in a situation like this. Here's the article: http://www.huffingto..._n_1116022.html

For my IA article, I was going to state a solution to rising peanut prices. (a price ceiling). This would protect consumers and blah blah blah, all that "evaluation". However, while researching Government Intervention I discovered that agriculture prices are usually fixed by price floors NOT price ceilings. So because of this I'm a bit confused on which price control would be used in a situation like this. Here's the article: http://www.huffingto..._n_1116022.html

A price ceiling would work but it comes with all the consequences of having a market at disequalibrium. I think the best solution when it comes to volatile markets such as agriculture would be to have a government buffer stock scheme which guards against violent fluctuations in prices.

Agricultural products are usually fixed by price floors because in the free market the prices of these goods would be so low that farmers would have a very low revenue. As a result in order to protect the farmers the government usually sets a price floor to agricultural goods.

However this does not seem to be valid in your case as peanut prices are quite high already. Therefore in this case a price ceiling would be good in order to protect the consumers. And well then there is the evaluation that comes with that.

Good Luck :)