Which Chemistry Options do you take?

BIO-AQUA

Chemistry Options  

365 members have voted

1. 1. Which Chemistry Options do you take?

• A. Modern analytical chemistry
    • B. Human biochemistry
    • C. Chemistry in industry and technology
    • D. Medicines and drugs
    • E. Environmental chemistry
    • F. Food chemistry
    • G. Further organic chemistry

yes thanks alot... so basically the whole option is pure memorising... which is why i did not take bio in the first place ! i agree that the questions are straightforward but the marking scheme is VERY specific... i dont know how you studied it on your own but again bio HL is helpful... anyways our p3 mock exam is tomorrow i hope i do well after all this i can not memorise anymore.. thanks for your help

Well not pure memorising.. There is an understanding factor involved too! :P Also, Biology is not all about memorisation - trust me on that :P .

Practise well on past papers, and hopefully you'll do fine. Good luck tomorrow on your mock! :P

Well not pure memorising.. There is an understanding factor involved too! :P Also, Biology is not all about memorisation - trust me on that :P .

Practise well on past papers, and hopefully you'll do fine. Good luck tomorrow on your mock! :hug:

It's a lot of theoretical stuff - concepts to understand. It's like a puzzle and you add the pieces together. The thing I don't like though are chemical structures and formulas. Now THAT is memorizing and I just suck on that :P

BioAqua forgot about one topic in Human biochem, metal ions, for that it is a bit of memorization and a bit of comprehension. Don't forget to study it because a lot of people were caught out on the exam in Nov because they didn't study the K and Na movement in cells.

BioAqua forgot about one topic in Human biochem, metal ions, for that it is a bit of memorization and a bit of comprehension. Don't forget to study it because a lot of people were caught out on the exam in Nov because they didn't study the K and Na movement in cells.

RIIIGHT! *Thinks he finally gets what's missing*

I didn't study that yet, so that's what was missing (sorry Aboud! :( ). Anyways, you're right.. Thanks Bandev! :P

Well generally, the option is 40% comprehension, 60% memorisation... (right?) :crying:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

in my class everyone are taking that DrugMedicine option and then some students decided to take Environmental Systems and others took something related with Industry..

we all receive copied papers with information about an option and read them individually..

then someone takes a part of the topic and presents it to the class...

and finally we get to write a test :P

dunno if this is just in my school but i guess that options have to involve more personal work..

We did Environmental Chem at the start of the year. It was interesting how we 'learned' the information. The three HL year two chem students in our class (yes, three, that's all of them too) did presentations on the info and then we took a tests and a few quizzes.

I don't know about the second one because we never got the 'option' of which ones we do. :D

• 2 months later...

Do you get choices personally then? We had a vote in our class for us to pick our options- some people were not happy. Then again- we didn't get a choice in biology at all.

We're doing 'Medicines and Drugs' and 'Further Organic Chemistry'. HL class- but we have a few people dropping down to standard next year I think.

I basically just took the IB Chem SL II exam and the option I did (my teacher chose them for me) were option b and c (biochemistry and medicine/drugs). the material was very easy to learn, and as mentioned before, a lot of it is overlapping biology, so if you take both like i did, i would chose those two. i think environmental chemistry may be a good idea if you take bio and chem because my class spent like a whole month on the environment and acid rain, stuff i saw on the test.