Share your priceless IB quotes!

MissyMurphy

Here's a few I got from my lang-B class:

Love is Aspirin

Love is Plastic Surgery

From English A1.

You are not depressed, you are experiencing depression, but you are not depression.

My favorite: Chem

Stoichiometry is a chemical reaction, a chemical reaction is stoichiometry. So remember that stoichiometry is a chemical reaction. OK?

(weird new chem teacher.)

Not the best by far but just somewhere to start posting I guess :P .

This isn't really a quote. But it kind of make sense in this thread.

Well, in spanish we were practising a grammar structure: If I was an animal I would like to be a ...

Well my friend want to say bird. And she asked me wat bird was, I said pajero.

So my friend proudly stated to my teacher.

"Si fuera un animal, me gustaria ser un pajero"

My teacher stopped dead, and just looked at my friend. Then said "You would like to be a w*nker."

Everyone erupted with laughter.

Pajero means w*nker in Argentinean slang, bird is actually pajaro.

Edited by Bandev
  • Like 1

Yesterday I got back sort of like a test in French.The teacher does not really like me,so I wasn't amazed when he gave me the test with a strange (worrying) look on his face.But then he added:

- It would have been better writing the whole test in French! But you're lucky,I also teach Spanish.

It's true,we had to answer 5 questions,the last two I answered in Spanish.Don't ask why,I don't even know that myself. :innocent:

The last test we had in Biology was called "Nasty little test"....that says a lot about the atmosphere in the class :rofl:

LOL it's sort of funny how things like that has been re-named in the IB. I mean if our teacher says we are going to have a 'quiz' then we know it's actually a big nasty test. If they call it a test, then it means it's some sort of exam that they will look at when determining predicted grades and/or report cards.

Edited by Afterglow
  • Like 1

"no, Moses parted the water, Jesus walked on water, and Noah floated on water......" we were in TOK and we had just read an excerpt out of gen. in the bible, and there were about 3 kids int he class who had never read it before. this was the final response we got when trying to remeber bible storeies about water... and the thing was out of 30 christians.... only one could say this correctly for 3 students who had never read the bible.

"you killed three stones with one bird"

unfortunatly i said this one while i was sleep deprived and trying to say my friend had completed two things in at once....

Edited by IBStuck
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kaffyrock

In a theatre studies lesson, talking about the upcoming Staff Pantomime with two teachers...

IB Student: Ooh, we'll come watch it! Can you reserve us seats?

Teacher #1: I'm sure the Curriculum Director has already hand-built a royal box especially for you...

IB Student: Are you saying we get some sort of special treatment??

Teacher #1: I'm saying nothing! (walks out of the room with a giant grin on his face)

Well it's true...we're the first IB students at college...and we are a bit, well...pampered! And the teachers waste no time in calling us on it lol

Eng SL Teacher: "There are two main themes in this piece of writing, Forester, can you please give me one of them."

Forester: "Well, sir, I can give you both if you like."

Thats the only one i can think of from the top of my head.

o yea heres another one.

Teacher: "What is a tragic hero?"

Forester: "A hero that is tragic?"

Edited by Forester

Guest iber2468

This week is the English Oral Commentaries for us (topics: Heaney poems, Yeats poems, Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway, and Ondaatje's Running in the family)

Math HL Teacher: —–, you’re sleeping in my class again. Did your girlfriend keep you up last night?! *roars of laughter*

Student: *quietly to self* No, I was having a Menage A Trois with Yeats, Mrs. Dalloway, and Julius Caesar.

real example:

Armando: Oh **** I got a 67! :P

Kyle(smart blond guy, what can't he do?): Yeah, I got a 94...damn that last bracket! T.T

Ryan Chan(Skipped a Grade(AT IB LEVEL!!!)): I got a 99

Me: Well...I've got a 47...but it's all good because it brings my mark UP!!

<laughter>

it was hilarious at the time:P