A little question regarding focus of fourth Eco. IA

Found this online; Teacher support for economics internal assessment...

"Focus

Three out of the four commentaries must have as their main focus a different section of the

syllabus, although it is acceptable for commentaries to make reference to other sections. The fourth

commentary can focus either on a single section of the syllabus or can focus on two or more

sections."

"Three out of the four commentaries must have a different section of the syllabus as their main

focus. However, it is acceptable for commentaries to make references to other sections."

Anyways! What I am completely confused about is whether the fourth IA can focus on a section that has already been covered or whether this isn't permitted? Seeing as I'm quite fond of international economics I would love to redo it and focus on that solely. My frazzled economics teacher is too eccentric for me to trust, so here I am. Can i then focus solely on one section that's already been covered in a previous IA or not? That is my big dilemma!

Yes you're allowed to repeat sections, as long as your four commentaries cover at least three sections of the syllabus. For example, I wrote two micro, one macro, and one international econ commentary. So I wrote two micro commentaries but still covered three parts of the syllabus.

So yes, you can write your last commentary on international econ as long as you already covered at least two other sections.

• Like 1