“If I could choose any profession in the world, I would be …?”

Victorious

As the title of this thread says... If you could choose any profession in the world, what would you be?

Please state the profession and give a reason.

Please try to explain your reason.

I'm doing this for an essay and I need help.

(Definitely not IB-related.)

Thank you!

:)

I think I'd be buzz lightyear or Woody from Toy Story because I'd get to save my friends all the time and get paid. It'd be a big game plus, chilling with Mr. Potatohead must be amazing.

But let's say I was in a fantasy world, I think i'd be an academic scholar type person because learning is fun (but not the IB. The IB makes me sad.)

I prefer my more interesting examples

I'd be a butterfly so I can get paid for having sexy wings.

I'd be a teacher so I can troll all my pupils by giving them really bad marks in every exam then they'll be like 'oh noes I'm a failure' then I'll go home every night and laugh, then write what I did in my diary.

I'd also like to be a dictator. Power makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Plus, I'd like to make everyone to build a massive sculpture of me out of chocolate cake and if it melts they'll replace it.

I realise that my post is becomming too helpful so I'll stop. I wouldn't want to do too much of your essay ;)

Have fun

:)

• Like 6

If I had the skills, I would LOVE to be an author... I've always admired authors since I like reading a lot and when you read a really good book you think, "Wow what an amazing, creative, intelligent person they were to have created this awesomeness!". I always come up with stories in my head that I could write. Though honestly I know I like the THOUGHT of being an author more than being an author for realz. I probably like reading more than writing, but since I look up to authors, of course I want to be one of them :)

• 4 weeks later...

I would be a CEO, of The Walt Disney Company to be exact. That's my current career goal. I'm also looking into a career in technology, with the highlight being working for the FBI in a cybercrime or cyberintelligence task force.

For the FBI position, I would just love the adrenaline, and would love helping solve today's threats to our homeland security.

Now for the CEO position, I'd like to say that I would be a CEO to make a difference in the world, or to set an example, or to prove that the American Dream is still alive. (We're pretty low on funds, if you know what I mean.) But while all of those things are important....I think I'll be honest with myself. It really comes down to me being human and wanting the fame and fortune. Simple as that. I don't know why I lie to myself.

I would like to be a writer. I would write novels, fantastic stories, and be biig as J.K. Rowling. Or a scientist ( a nuclear one probably) because I'm really interested in this area of physics and chemistry + I believe I would bring a new approach :D. I just can't put my finger on it, but I'm really really really interested in that.

If I had the skills, I would LOVE to be an author... I've always admired authors since I like reading a lot and when you read a really good book you think, "Wow what an amazing, creative, intelligent person they were to have created this awesomeness!". I always come up with stories in my head that I could write. Though honestly I know I like the THOUGHT of being an author more than being an author for realz. I probably like reading more than writing, but since I look up to authors, of course I want to be one of them :)

HIGH FIVE

Second option: playing in a rock/metal/prog band

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Architect-disgner - because the arts fascinate me all my life and this direction of them is kind of practical

Inventor/scientist - I would love to create or explore something new and by the way be useful for others

Film regisseur - because it would be fun, but I don't believe I have any chances to follow James Cameron's (my favorite regisseur) steps

• 4 months later...

Exactly. I, too, would want to be a good author. Because being an author, I could manage, it's the 'good' part I'd struggle with.

I would like to be a Social Cultural Anthropologist That way I could study people and how they evolved because of their different cultures and historic background. You could just understand people more!

I wouldn't mind being a missionary either, with the money earned, just keep on giving it out to help some more. A good cycle. :D