University of Queensland

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I believe, first year of uq will be a breeze. After doing IB, you will feel as if you are on top of everything and much further ahead than other students. I believe you studied HL Chem, Bio and English. From exprience, studying, note taking, prioritizing and organization would not be a problem. All valuable skills you would have developed and find extremely easy. Not saying uni is easy but you have an advantage and thats what IB does to you. I have a friend who is taking Maths at UQ and he did HL Maths in ib, the first year he found it easy. Marine biology would be in my opinion very suitable for you as you did HL Biology. You took the same higher levels as me and you will find that you already have honed all the studying methods, and what suits you and etc that its second hand to you, you just do it. You work hard and you will see benefits from doing the IB when compared to OP students. And plus what you did in CAS is a great bonus say you did volunteering they will like to see that in your application and interview. I am at UQ and studying Medicine, i can contact you if you have further questions