Prefixes in Extended Essay subforum

MariusIBDP

I was searching for ideas for my EE in EE subforum, and I found it annoying that it is quite hard to find topics about Economics EE. It is because most of them are of different subjects, that I have no reason to look at.

Therefore, I think prefixes for every subject would be great - while posting a topic you simple add a prefix of your subject(if its a subject related topic) and its easier for others to find topics related to the subjects they are writting on.

What do you think?

If people started putting the subject of their EE in the title then I don't think there would be a need for prefixes. All it would do is make it easier to see. But even if people didn't do that, I see people just leaving the prefix blank and continuing to write 'HeLp wit EE plz!! Quick!!' especially since a lot of people don't pick their subject before formulating a question.

• Like 1

isn't that the problem? nobody cares about putting their subject area in the thread title, and the mods don't give a damn about changing the title anyway.

I agree that prefixes would result in a better system. those who have general questions / don't know which subject area to write in yet can use no prefix.

By the way, I just checked and out of the 29 topics that exist in the first page of the EE subforum, only 4 of them do not include the group of the subject. No offense, but is it really that hard to check 4 topics?

And Desy, I'm sorry you think we don't give a damn but the numbers say we actually do.

By the way, I just checked and out of the 29 topics that exist in the first page of the EE subforum, only 4 of them do not include the group of the subject. No offense, but is it really that hard to check 4 topics?

And Desy, I'm sorry you think we don't give a damn but the numbers say we actually do.

what about the other mods (other than you)? HA!

what about the other mods (other than you)? HA!

What do you mean what about the other mods? If you have a complaint about one/some of the mods, this is not the way to do it. Besides, I don't see anything wrong with any of them. Like mentioned above, most of the topic titles have the subject area in them. Almost no one seems to cooperate by adding prefixes and instead add the subject in the title, so they are not adding prefixes anymore. When we feel we need to start editing topic titles to add prefixes, we will do it. That being said, I do agree that prefixes will make things easier for all of us and we will look into it again.

We did discuss adding prefixes for the EE topics, but like probably mentioned above, it would do no point. In fact, it's not us who don't give a damn it's some members. If you go check other forums, people do not use the prefix there either, and they type topics like "Geography exam style question". Apparently prefixes do not make a difference because if they did, you would see forum pages full of them.

Marius: if you searched "Economics" you would have gotten all the topics and post that talk about economics. So it's not the issue of having prefixes or not.