History IA - Detente

sarahlouise

Hey everyone,

So after a few setbacks with IA topics I decided I should probably get a move on with it because this has been going down and down my priorities list...

ANYWAY, is this a suitable topic for an IA? I'm not sure how broad/focused it should be, that's all.

To what extent was detente successful for the goals of the USA?

Wow it seems really broad, but from what I've seen the History IA tends to be broader than History EEs :S

Also is this a really overdone topic?

OR is this better: To what extent was detente a direct result of the Cuban Missile Crisis?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Edited by sarahlouise

Your second topic (detente a result of the Cuban Missile Crisis) is much better and much more focused than your first question, in my opinion. The first one is too broad because "goals" can be several things, and since the actual amount of words you have to write about the topic is very low, you'll want something relatively narrow to give you the most words possible. You can still do the first topic if you specify one of the major goals of the USA, but I like the second research question a lot more.

• Like 1