Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

713u

Extended essay in lang&lit

Hey guys! I have a new EE subject.

I want to compare two non-fiction books, specifically a child called it and perhaps a book (in my language) about a girl and prostitution and then compare the two books. So the comparison will be that Dave Pelzer in the first book did not choose to being used by someone else, but the girl in the second book has a choice, and she chooses to actually let men take advantage of her.

I don't have a research question yet, but do you guys think the idea is okay? And if you have any opinions, please let me know!

Sounds like an interesting idea! I would try to focus in a bit more, though. Instead of comparing generally what is happening, try comparing one literary element, especially since these are not inherently very literary. Here's an example: "To what extent is graphic imagery (or character descriptions, or dialogue) used to illustrate the differing plights (or characterize, or establish a certain mood/tone) of the protagonists in xxx by yyy and aaa by bbb?" Also, double check that nonfiction is okay, because I honestly don't know.