If you get a 7 in your IA, does your grade matter?

folb695

Ok,

So I'm a little confused,

lets say for arguments sake that the boundary for a history IA is 19/25. If one candidate got 19/25 and the other got 25/25 (both 7s) would the points they get that contributed towards their final grade be the same?

Does this apply to all subjects?

Thanks

Your final grade is a sum of all the marks in IA's and exam papers. Therefore if you get higher marks in an IA it may be easier to get a 7 overall as you need less contribution to marks as I understand. Though obviously you want to do as well as possible in both.

• Like 1

Yes, it does matter. I assume that you're talking about the grade of your IA and not your final grade with the exam.

If you haven't done your exam, and your IA is part of your course grade, then scoring hypothetically a 7 right on the boundary will make a difference in the conversion compared to a perfect IA. I believe the lower end conversion of a 7 in any subject is a 96. The other person, who scored perfect on his IA, will probably convert to 100%. And of course this applies to all the other level grades, not just for a level 7.

If you are talking about your final grade with respect to your exam, it will still affect your final grade as loltim has mentioned. It will be easier to score a 7 if you have a perfect IA than one of which that only scored the low 7. So to answer your question, the contribution of marks towards your final mark (with the exam) would be different. And yes, this should apply to every subject.

• 9 years later...