Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
parinagujral

REALLY NEED AN ANSWER ASAP

hi you guys! i'm in ib hl math, yr 2 so it's my senior year. i'm almost a month after summer, i was wondering if i could still drop hl math to sl? i really want to. is it allowed?

Yes you will probably be allowed to drop maths to SL. Just check with your coordinator but I can't see why they won't allow you.

alright thank you :) that's a bit of a relief. i am planning to do so tomorrow.

if any of you guys have ever done so, let me know! any answers right now would help.

I agree with The Economist. You can still do it but you need to ask your coordinator. I dropped from SL to Studies just a few months before the exams and it was fine. So it should be okay for you as well. Good luck! ^_^

Edited by kim luffy

The question is: Do you have three or four HL subjects? If you have four it shouldn't be a problem but if you have three it might get a bit difficult, as you would have to change one of your subjects from SL to HL and now that you're in IB2 the they've most probably covered some HL topics already. So you need to do some self-studying. If that is a problem or not depends on if you can motivate yourself to study on your own. Should be doable :)

nope, i have four hl's so that's alright :) but i'm just wondering, because my teachers are giving out the predicted's soon so how would they judge me?

nope, i have four hl's so that's alright :) but i'm just wondering, because my teachers are giving out the predicted's soon so how would they judge me?

Since every school's method of predicting is slightly different it would be best to just ask your teachers. I know for my school our prediction were based solely of our IA marks and whatever we got in our final mocks but if your school take into account how you have done throughout the two years, just talk to them to see what can be arranged.

Next time you make a thread please refrain from vague topic titles and capitalization. Do not shout.

Next time you make a thread please refrain from vague topic titles and capitalization. Do not shout.

This doesn't really belong in this forum either. It's just a general question about dropping subject levels, might want to move it :P