Creative Ideas for Presenting without Powerpoint

s.dot.

I'm doing my second ToK presentation next week on the topic "To what extent does language shapes our mind?".

We got a new ToK teacher this year and she wants us to present our Knowledge issues without using Powerpoint slides.

I am looking for ideas on how to make the presentation not to boring. I was thinking of maybe doing a game which involves the different cultures and languages in my class, but I cannot really come up with ideas that are entertaining and relevant to the knowledge issue.

Has anyone ever done something like this or an idea on what I could try out?

I would really like to improve my ToK Presentation grade as I only got 16 points on my last presentation.

Thank you so much !!!

Edited by Stella V

You can do a game as you said, maybe like a game which involves speaking and a game which does not. I'm not sure how that will come out different though. Or you can role play, use props, or use videos which play in the background while you talk. Or show pictures while you present. Or you can do the thing which is quite common now on youtube. I can't remember the channel offhand, but it's like the person is drawing while talking. So when he says a book, he will draw a book, and on the video, what you see is his hand, the pen and the pictures. I find that quite interesting.

• Like 1

What me and my team did was we had role-play, where one of us was a judge in court, and the other two were witnesses. Also, use videos! Maybe immitate CNN or a Talk Show, that will DEFINITELY give you marks! Although we didnt score very high on our project (we were all C's, borderline B's), our teacher said he LOVED our different presenting techniques.