Who Would You vote for in the next US presidential election?

Which one is it???  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to rule the most powerful nation on earth? (that doesn't sound to arrogant)

• McCaine
    • Obama
    • Hillary
    • Write In
    • Jimmy Buffett

Hmm, I won't vote because I'm still having trouble deciding between Clinton and Obama. But I can't vote anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter...

Oh, in case you haven't heard yet, Clinton won Pennsylvania. Tomorrow should be interesting. :coffee:

yeah, i am watching it on TV. Rush Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" is working perfectly. Woo Hoo. I get a kick out of that. He is exploiting their own foolish rule against them and it does so much harm to the democratic party.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest dragonb111

Mccain all the way. Clinton can't handle stress at all and has a terrible plan for our economy. Obama is the same, but has a terrible wife and a loonatic for a pastor. Mccain is the only one left.

Mccain all the way. Clinton can't handle stress at all and has a terrible plan for our economy. Obama is the same, but has a terrible wife and a loonatic for a pastor. Mccain is the only one left.

Umm let's see, last time I checked, you guys were getting a new president for the country, not a pastor?? I really don't see how the pastor relates to Obama's presidency... Maybe it's a good thing you can't vote just yet. -_-

Needless to say, I'm European so I like Obama.

i would have voted for hillary because i feel that men act way to quickly and i think the USA needs a women's touch to help them out because they currently have a pretty bad rep because of the war and all of Bush's stupid acts, anyways since she dropped out, i would go for obama

I'm voting absentee since I'm abroad. It will definitely be Obama though I would've voted for an Obama-Hillary hybrid mostly because America needs change right now and nothing would top a black president with a vagina. I seriously doubt McCain will win, he's having an arduous time disassociating himself from Bush.

Right now America is laying down kicking and coughing up blood. Republicans will just keep on beating the poor sucker so I'd be shocked if McCain won. Then again, I was royally surprised when Bush won his second term...

btw, I don't like politics much at all. I actually would've voted for Ron Paul because it's somehow disconcerting that the richest country in the world does not have universal health care - one of the reasons I won't live in the states for the foreseeable future.

I actually would've voted for Ron Paul because it's somehow disconcerting that the richest country in the world does not have universal health care - one of the reasons I won't live in the states for the foreseeable future.

If you're a proponent of universal health care, then why would that cause you to vote for Ron Paul? He believes in a private health care system, and private just-about-everything-else.

This is a real coin toss for me.

McCain is a republican which is a huge setback at this time. However, he is a lot more experienced and he knows what he is doing. Obama, on the other hand is still fairly new to the political scene and may be seen as naive and inexperienced. In my point of view, if americans vote for McCain- they know what they are getting and they know ahead of time if their getting what they want or otherwise. If they vote for Obama, they may get what they want and he may liberate the country and end the war in Iraq- however it is also possible that he will not be able to do that and that he will only disappoint the people. With Obama, they do not know what they're getting because they do not have enough history to base what he is going to do when pressed on certain issues.

Umm let's see, last time I checked, you guys were getting a new president for the country, not a pastor?? I really don't see how the pastor relates to Obama's presidency... Maybe it's a good thing you can't vote just yet. :)

the pastor himself does not relate to his presidency but if obama has stayed with that nut and listened to him for 20 years that we can reasonably conclude that he (obama) supports the pastor and all of his "God Damn Americans" ways.

the pastor himself does not relate to his presidency but if obama has stayed with that nut and listened to him for 20 years that we can reasonably conclude that he (obama) supports the pastor and all of his "God Damn Americans" ways.

This is something I truly fail to comprehend in the American culture. Shouldn't every man be judged for HIS actions, not someone else's, be it their mother, brother, wife or pastor. Were it Obama's wife giving out comments like these I could understand why it would be somewhat peculiar, but it's not even someone in his inner family... And I don't see any possible way of reasonably concluding that these statements would have anything to do with Barack Obama.

This is something I truly fail to comprehend in the American culture. Shouldn't every man be judged for HIS actions, not someone else's, be it their mother, brother, wife or pastor. Were it Obama's wife giving out comments like these I could understand why it would be somewhat peculiar, but it's not even someone in his inner family... And I don't see any possible way of reasonably concluding that these statements would have anything to do with Barack Obama.

it is because he regularly associates himself with them. Take pastor wright... priests are somewhat of guides for the worshippers. When obama regularly goes to church listening to him and also agreeing with him shows what obama believes and supports. it is true, every man should be judged by their own actions. but obama continually supporting rev. wright is a direct reflection of what he (obama) believes, supports, and how he would act as president.

i would vote Obama, just for the simple reason that he is the best thing for the world and the US in my opinion.

There are many problems in the US (thank you bush...) which i think Obama is more likely to solve.

However, i would still rather have seen hillary as she is the more experienced democrate... but well **** happends...

Guest dragonb111
Umm let's see, last time I checked, you guys were getting a new president for the country, not a pastor?? I really don't see how the pastor relates to Obama's presidency... Maybe it's a good thing you can't vote just yet. :)

I'm not saying that his pastor is everything, but I do believe that the people that he "hangs" out with tell you about his personality. That's what I am told. And it's not just that. It's also his economy plan I'm talking about.

i would vote Obama, just for the simple reason that he is the best thing for the world and the US in my opinion.

There are many problems in the US (thank you bush...) which i think Obama is more likely to solve.

However, i would still rather have seen hillary as she is the more experienced democrate... but well **** happends...

Could you give me an example about Obama solving more problems? And I don't believe Hillary would've done much better. She's not ready for presidency yet. I think that she's gonna break down too easily. That's just my opinion though. Tell me what you think of it.

I find it pretty rich that people criticize Obama for his pastor while completely ignoring the pastors McCain has affiliated with.

Never underestimate the influence of the media on people's thinking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hagee#Controversial_Views

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Parsley#M...008_Endorsement

Very good point...just curious (I haven't really cared about the election recently), did McCain have them speak for him in any way? I don't know I'm just asking...

Guest dragonb111
Probably not. But Obama didn't have Wright speak for him either, so why should Obama suffer for what Wright said?

He kinda had him talk. Obama had to face the press for what his pastor said about "God D*mn America".

Obama had to face the press for what his pastor said about "God D*mn America".

All that proves is that Obama was reluctant to cut off all ties until he had no choice. Until then, he expressed disapproval only of the comments Wright made, not the person himself (probably so as not to lose support from the Black Church).

I still don't see how Wright was speaking for Obama any more than Hagee's and Parsley's nonsense is representative of McCain.

Edited by Mr. Shiver