How many points to an A in EE?

Guest TushieHushie

There is an EE/TOK matrix. EE+TOK gives maximally 3 points. [Yeah, sorry for offtopic :>]

Matrix%20EE.png

Thanks for this. I don't understand though, I thought it's maximum 42 points, and the 3 extra are for ToK, EE and CAS?

But somehow ToK and EE make for 3 points already?

Edited by Kerry_B

ToK is up to 60 points, as far as I can remember. 20 points for TOK Presentation and 40 for Essay. And as far as I can remember 11 points can be lost for the TOK's A.

May 2005 TOK:

Overall:

E: 0-21

D : 22-31

C: 32-39

B: 40-48

A: 49-60

May 2006 EE:

A: 30-36

B: 25-29

C: 17-24

D : 9-16

E: 0-8

Edit:

Mods, do not warn me very hard for OT... ^^.

Edited by Sword

Guest TushieHushie

A bit off topic, but I don't quite understand criterion E of the EE. What do they mean by reasoned argument? I'm doing my EE in Chemistry.

Edited by TushieHushie

Don't you mean E? AFAIK in E is reasoned argument...

Generally, reasoned arguement means that you should consider all that is connected. You must show that you know there is many approaches to your topic and prove by analysis that you have chosen appropiate one.

Generally, D & E criteria are also connected with in-depth analysis. It's something like D : Knowledge and E : Analysis, as far as I know.

Edited by Sword (Hubert Pomorski)

A bit off topic, but I don't quite understand criterion E of the EE. What do they mean by reasoned argument? I'm doing my EE in Chemistry.

Well I did my EE in Biology, but I think this criteria (and what is expected to score 4/4) is quite similar.

Having a reasoned argument means that you maintain a strong focus on the research question, and puts forward sufficient evidence to evaluate your research question. You need to present your argument in a method which highlights all of the important points clearly, and is structured so that it shows a development in your research/data (from your experiment). Scoring a 3/4 states that the reasoned argument contains "some weaknesses" but a 4/4 has a "convincing argument".

----------

@Sword, for EE's in the natural sciences, Criteria F deals with 'analytical and evaluative skills', while E relates more to constructing a cohesive argument.

Guest TushieHushie

Thanks IB Failing! (great name, btw)

I just can't seem to get my head around all this criteria. How do I cite things? Do I put a footnote on every information and fact i acquired? And what about pictures? On my cover page I have a picture that I found in Google. Do I cite that too? If yes, where?

Thanks IB Failing! (great name, btw)

I just can't seem to get my head around all this criteria. How do I cite things? Do I put a footnote on every information and fact i acquired? And what about pictures? On my cover page I have a picture that I found in Google. Do I cite that too? If yes, where?

Haha, referencing was probably the least favourite part of my EE :(. I'd suggest speaking to your supervisor about doing it correctly and to get some extra tips.

I placed a footnote every time I referred to a statistic, literature value, diagram and fact that the moderator wouldn't be sure about. Remember that after you've finished writing your EE, it's possible that you'll have a greater understanding on your topic than the person marking may have, as you'll have looked at countless journals, articles and websites, so references can allow the marker to trace your sources. Referencing is used to acknowledge information that isn't your own, but regarding obvious facts covered in the course etc., I'm not too sure whether a reference is necessary. Pictures definitely have to be referenced if you've obtained them from the Internet or a journal, again by footnote and in your bibliography.

Also, ensure that you keep your referencing consistent - same style, same format throughout.