Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robertajeanm

Architecture in Australia

i would reeaaallly love to study architecture in Australia but i dunno whats the best university for architecture is..... :argh:

oh and do i need maths studies or maths SL

I would check the subject requirements of the Unis you're targetting. But I would take Maths SL to be on the safe side, as architecture does have a bit of Maths in it.

i would reeaaallly love to study architecture in Australia but i dunno whats the best university for architecture is..... :argh:

oh and do i need maths studies or maths SL

Like chocolate said, do look at the prerequisites required to the admission of Architectural programs at the Universities you want to apply to in Australia.

But to my knowledge, no university recognizes Math Studies.

SL Math would be safer. But if you don`t need it in the end, then just take Math Studies, because it is obviously easier.

Check this website for Aussie Unis that are good for Architecture : http://www.architecture.com.au/i-cms?page=55

You can always :google:

Goodluck!

Funny10sport

1 person likes this

If you look at most of the major universities, not many require maths and if they do they are happy with you just passing maths studies. However, entry into the courses for most unis is very competitive and you are going to need a good IB score to get in. So as long as the maths studies teacher is good, I would go for that as getting the highest score possible would be your priority.

Do most of the Australian unis want a portfolio for architecture? What are the reasonable ones that don't require a portfolio?

Thank you.

i dont know if this is true, but i've heard that it is required to do math, physics, and art