Architecture in Australia

robertajeanm

i would reeaaallly love to study architecture in Australia but i dunno whats the best university for architecture is..... :argh:

oh and do i need maths studies or maths SL

Like chocolate said, do look at the prerequisites required to the admission of Architectural programs at the Universities you want to apply to in Australia.

But to my knowledge, no university recognizes Math Studies.

SL Math would be safer. But if you don`t need it in the end, then just take Math Studies, because it is obviously easier.

Check this website for Aussie Unis that are good for Architecture : http://www.architecture.com.au/i-cms?page=55

You can always :google:

Goodluck!

Funny10sport

• Like 1

If you look at most of the major universities, not many require maths and if they do they are happy with you just passing maths studies. However, entry into the courses for most unis is very competitive and you are going to need a good IB score to get in. So as long as the maths studies teacher is good, I would go for that as getting the highest score possible would be your priority.

Obviously the best udis depend on a number of factors and what you want out during and after the course. However the best ranked ones are Uni of Mel, then Usyd then UNSW.

Check out: http://www.graduatearchitecture.com/ARCHSCHOOLS/archschools_en.html#Projects

The assumed knowledge for Usyd is HSC Maths (2 unit). i.e. Sl Maths. Although this is not required it's 'assumed'.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...