MUN ECOSOC Committee Agenda Question

wireman

Our school MUN is next month, and we don't have an agenda for the ECOSOC Committee. We were thinking of counterfeit currency as one of our options for the Economics agenda. Since our MUN is a two-day event, the second day would be for the Social agenda. Do you think counterfeit currency would be an interesting topic? Is it debatable?

Thank you.

I haven't done much committee stuff in terms of model UN, but I have done a few other things. Counterfeit currency sounds like something that could work for the Economics agenda, and there's probably enough information on that. I don't actually know very much. It sounds as though it is debatable - MUN is the kind of thing where you spend all day talking about international issues. I don't know whether you have to write a 'resolution' yourself as the basis of discussion, or whether that gets fully written on the day - if you don't need to prepare any delegate material for the day it'll probably make your job much easier.

Maybe to balance out the dryness of the economics stuff, do something a bit more fun for the social agenda! It's a bit hard to be 'fun' in Model UN though sometimes I guess... :)