I'm trying out a new title/RQ for my History EE. Feedback?

Emma Grundhauser

Is this too broad? How can I make this perfect?

The other thing I'm wondering--how much of my paper should be historical narrative, and how much should be analysis?

Title The Effect of the Watergate Scandal on American Culture: Relations Between Journalists, Politicians, and the Public

Question To what extent did the Watergate scandal change the ways in which politicians and the public interact with the news media?

Edited by Emma Grundhauser

I feel that it's too broad. Given the time (or desire) I could easily write over 4000 words on that. What news media? Newspaper, television, radio? It would probably be in your best interest to pick one (or possibly two, if you have room) news media outlet to analyze. Also I feel that politicians and the public is too broad as well. I don't know, I just get a big sense of broadness out of your question.

As for the second part: You should use historical narrative to introduce each topic and introduce facts, but then analyze analyze analyze. You cannot score well if you don't analyze much. It's similar to like writing an essay for class. You will introduce the topic and then the facts, then analyze the facts and show their significance. Just in an EE you will be doing it more.