Rigel

Hello IBS. I hope that all of you are happy that you are done with physics for a while (in my case, i'm completely happy to have ended Physics).

Paper 1 was really easy compared to other years. I think that i've only got 1 wrong by misreading the question, but besides that, the questions were only definitions/theory and almost no application of the concepts to different situations. I'm guessing that the grade boundaries will be high for that paper.

Paper 2 was so-so. The first part of Section A was easy (calculating the constant), but the one with the magnetic field was very difficult (I did a horribe calculation and got a weird value for the magnetic field). On the other hand, the radioactivity part was very easy. Finally, in Section B, i chose B2, as the other one with the mass in the conveyor belt seemed to be difficult and the other one related to wave power was impossible. The part with waves in B2 was a little bit more complicated than the fusion of the ice island. Hope that the grade boundaries are low for this exam.

yeah, me too. Paper 1 was pretty good, but section B for paper 2 wasn't. I'm hoping that the grade boundaries for paper 2 are lower this year, coz, compared to the may exams, our exam was quite difficult. Also, the wave power question in B1 proved quite challenging and the answer I got was really weird.